WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I need your help with the watch that I recently bought. I made a little research on the web and I started to have some doubts. Am I right that the dial (6309-7041) is not original? Inside there is 6306a movement - is it original? What about the hands, the bezel and the case?

Regards

Attachments

·
Registered
692 Posts
Can't really make up my mind if I should help someone who, judging by their previous posts is a trader, rather than a genuine enthusiast with a problem?

·
Registered
2,042 Posts
Yes am dial bezel insert and hands. The movement looks to be in poor shape having seen water. The casing spring is also missing.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for the answers. Now I have a dilemma - is it worth to make anything with it? For example to replace the dial, and if so - with which one: 6306 like the movement or 6309 like the case? What would you do with this watch at all?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
To L11..., you don't know me so you judge based on the fact that I was asking for info about several watches earlier? Yes, I am an enthusiast who buy vintage watches from time to time. You do not want, do not help, fortunately you're not alone here. Maybe you should change your nickname to Sherlock.

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Dial, hands, hardlex, strap and bezel insert aren't genuine Seiko .
The caseback is original but may not belong to the watch.

I can't understand who hide the serial number for no reason, specially when it can be used to date the watch and to understand if the dial/movement/caseback match as you ask o|

In some other fora they say that a serial no. got hidden when concernes stolen watches or when speaking about junk going soon in the market :roll:

I hope you paid about 200 usd and it runs well, so you can wear it far from water if you have no wish to have an original watch.

Otherwise sell It, shouldn't be difficult to sell the case (if the crown tube is good), the movement, the bezel and the caseback as spares ;-)

In my opinion is not worth to invest searching all the genuine parts you need and in a service, you can find good watches ready to wear at honest prices.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts