WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, i have Seiko Turtle SRPC23k1, i thought to change the bezel with the pilot bezel (which is no need a click spring) is that affect the water resistant?
thankyou for answer!

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
I've removed the click spring from mine as well and prefer the no click. However, just now removing and reinstalling the Turtle bezel is not nearly as easy as an SKX. I've had to visit my watchmaker to get t done. In fact, heading there today to get one installed.
dP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I've removed the click spring from mine as well and prefer the no click. However, just now removing and reinstalling the Turtle bezel is not nearly as easy as an SKX. I've had to visit my watchmaker to get t done. In fact, heading there today to get one installed.
dP
Oh really? But i saw some videos on YouTube about change the seiko turtle bezel, and i think its not hard as i thought before. Or, is that mean hard to remove and reinstalling the bezel from watch that doesn't have a click spring?
Btw, i choose the pilot bezel bcz my bezel already loose and have to get the new gasket, and i think if i use the pilot bezel, i dont need to change the bezel gasket routinely lol. CMIIW

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Oh really? But i saw some videos on YouTube about change the seiko turtle bezel, and i think its not hard as i thought before. Or, is that mean hard to remove and reinstalling the bezel from watch that doesn't have a click spring?
Btw, i choose the pilot bezel bcz my bezel already loose and have to get the new gasket, and i think if i use the pilot bezel, i dont need to change the bezel gasket routinely lol. CMIIW
The click ring has nothing to do with the difficulty of removing or reinstalling the bezel. I've easily changed bezels multiple times on SKX divers but have not been able to replace a Turtle bezel yet. I've read the same from others.
dP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The click ring has nothing to do with the difficulty of removing or reinstalling the bezel. I've easily changed bezels multiple times on SKX divers but have not been able to replace a Turtle bezel yet. I've read the same from others.
dP
Have you seen some tutorial video on YouTube? Hope that useful.

·
Registered
5,772 Posts
Have you seen some tutorial video on YouTube? Hope that useful.
Yes, they were not helpful in the least. I'm not the only one finding this difficult.
dP

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, they were not helpful in the least. I'm not the only one finding this difficult.
dP
No one can answer this issue so far? Maybe some parts in Seiko products have different size as they should be?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
dP

I was just thnking to buy this stuff to open the bezel.

·
Registered
6,832 Posts
there is that little lip under the turtle bezel that helps with bezel removal... never used it myself but it's there.

(i ended up using one of those bezel removers with the 4 blades that i think are meant for fixed bezel removal; but i used it on my 775 haha)

·
Registered
84 Posts
I used a brassy looking, dull knife (utensil) using an edge very close to the handle.

Try to lift up on the bezel and lodge/start the blade between 6-7 o'clock. Keep trying to get the blade underneath the bezel. Once it's started, twist the blade towards the watch case. It should be easier to pop off that way.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
there is that little lip under the turtle bezel that helps with bezel removal... never used it myself but it's there.

(i ended up using one of those bezel removers with the 4 blades that i think are meant for fixed bezel removal; but i used it on my 775 haha)
So, what stuff do you use?

·
Registered
15 Posts
I worked hard to remove my turtle bezel with different tools and could not get it to break free. I think that tool with the 4 blades is the ticket for turtles.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts