WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
812 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have a SNE245 with the V158-0AE0 movement which was given to me in 2013. I wear it in rotation..its my weekend watch. I always keep it facing a window and occasionally will leave it on the window sill to ensure things stay charged. Since COVID its become one of my three go-to watches.

This morning the hands have stopped. I can see the seconds hand trying to make a move. Any idea if this is an issue I can rectify myself? Or is this a capacitor issue? Are there any third party servicers that would work on Seiko solar movements? Seiko USA says $116 for service based on this movement...would like to save $ if I can.

Thanks in advance,
N

·
Premium Member
71,424 Posts
First off slam it on the windowsill for a few days and see how it gets on. Seiko seem to like more light than Casio or Citizen watches. I hope a few rays will get you running again.

·
Registered
351 Posts
If a extra long window charge doesn't do it, just have a local jeweler replace the battery. Should be $40-50 including the battery itself. I had to do this in a Citizen Eco-drive that was 12 years old and would no longer hold a charge for more than 30-45 minutes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts