WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I think I am going to purchase a Seiko Velatura diver in the nearby future. I was inspired by Time2watch's thread:

https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=215989

I am going to get the orange-faced version, which only comes on a rubber strap. However, I'd like the option of a bracelet. Does anyone know where I can purchase velatura bracelets? Do I have to contact Seiko directly for that?

Also, does anyone know what the black middle links on that bracelet are made of? PVD-coated SS, rubber-coated SS, plastic? I would appreciate it if the owners of the watch chime in.

Thanks in advance! :thanks

·
Registered
3,455 Posts
I believe that there is an article in the archive about this. I would say check that out really fast unless someone swoops in with a better option. :)

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
found the archive thread, and then gaijin posted the same link. Thanks guys!

Ouch -- $130 :( I know that the 'diver' bracelet has marinemaster-like ratcheting clasp, but will wait for further comments on the black center links and the overall quality.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I will say it is a great quality bracelet. The center links are polyurethane (like very hard rubber), it uses the pin and collar system, and has the MM clasp. If you are in the US, you can order one from Coserv for about $80. It really looks nice as well.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
I just love that Velatura with the orange dial. It is about the only battery operated quartz I would consider buying, and I had completely forgotten about it until I cams across this thread. Now I want one all over again.:-!

For those who havn't seen one, here is a borrowed picture.

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I will say it is a great quality bracelet. The center links are polyurethane (like very hard rubber), it uses the pin and collar system, and has the MM clasp. If you are in the US, you can order one from Coserv for about $80. It really looks nice as well.
Thanks Nolander! I'll try Coserv when I buy the watch. :thanks

Radio_Daze -- yeah, Demo's photos are seductive. And I have no willpower. Have to wait for the next couple of paychecks o|

·
Banned
4,999 Posts
I just love that Velatura with the orange dial. It is about the only battery operated quartz I would consider buying, and I had completely forgotten about it until I cams across this thread. Now I want one all over again.:-!

For those who havn't seen one, here is a borrowed picture.

Same here. This is the only battery quartz I love.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts