WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
In a very general way, are Seiko and Citizen watches considered to have about the same quality, i.e., fit and finish, accuracy, reliability, bang for the buck, etc.? I have owned many different Seiko watches and have been very happy with them all, and recently I purchased a Citizen eco-drive diver, only because I liked the textured dial and the price was right. I could just as easily bought another Seiko if I had found one designed like the Citizen. So what do owners of both think - are they pretty much the same? (I know that there are individual Seiko models that are superior to certain Citizens and the reverse is probably also true, so I am looking for general opinions from those who have experience of both.) Thanks!
I think the whole argument is a waste to be quite honest. I have been a Seiko fan since 1986 and never owned any decent time piece besides Seiko, until last week, when I bought my first Citizen Eco-Drive. I bought the Citizen because the face appearance and smooth design flow appealed to me. After getting it, I was very please with the overall finish and I must say I prefer the wristband over current Seiko wristbands (my opinion).

In general, I like wrist watches allot and own from many Japanese Brands (Seiko, Citizen, and Casio). Love Casio for the G-Shock watches and the new higher end Edifice and Oceanus lines (more then likely will be my next timepiece). All those years I was Seiko only, I missed out on other great Japanese watches. Still love my Seiko watches though. Sir, my apologies for taking over two years to respond to this post.

May God Bless!:-!

Ed

· Registered
9 Posts
Rolex is better than all of them combined.
Someday, I do want to get a Rolex, just see what all the hype is. Been looking at a few. Looking into the technology field, Rolex stays traditional for the most part. They don't touch any Japanese watch in the newest use of technology. They are more a status symbol to show off. To be honest, when I get one, I won't wear it that much, too afraid to damage it. I think I'll just pick up a copy in Korea for $75.00 :-d

May God Bless!

Ed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.