WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
248 Posts
Ok, I'll try to help you as best I can... I used to own tht same SEIKO but gave it to a friend because it was to big for me. It's a nice watch though. However, as I am sure you are aware it is a quartz movement (although a kinetic one) which means you will not have that nice smooth movement of the seconds hand that an automatic does.

The Citizen is a (for me) much more managable size and an automatic...

Seiko is renowned form their great lume. I own one Citizen (one of the classic Aqualand Promasters) and the lume is good but not as good as my Seiko Sumo (SBDC 001), at least not after 15 years....

As for their usefulness under water I'd say they are equal; both very capable and all you'll ever need in a divers watch.

For me it comes down to Size/Styling, Automatic/Quartz (Kinetic) and price...

Sorry, that's the best I can do. Your choice! Please let us know and post some pics

Skane (and, by the way, I'd go for the Citize because of the smaller size and the automatic movement...)

·
Banned
4,512 Posts
Between the two? I think they are pretty similar so do you care about quartz or Automatic more? I would look at one of the eco-drive Citizen Divers over a kinetic Seiko but both are nice.

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
Well that kinetic is a beast.
So if you got some big wrists, it'll fit and look fine.

But for price and subtle size, I like the Citizen here.

But also don't forget about other Seiko auto's skx007, black monster are great priced divers fully auto, no kinetic worries.
Or the other way around, you could go for an eco drive quartz and be fully charged all the time.

good luck on your choice. Both great brands with great watches.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I was looking at that Seiko, thought it was an nice watch. I went to try one on & it is big & weighty but I like that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts