WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Has anyone ordered from Seiya Japan recently? Their website has been inconsistent, and currently they announced that they can't answer emails. Before I purchase the MM300 from Seiya, I just want to make sure they're commercially active.

Thank you for any help!

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
I've purchased from him recently and it was a flawless transaction. He is pretty good about responding to emails. I know the site was under construction for about a month.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will3020. How recently was it, if I may ask? I know that his health was down for a while -- just want to know if he's well and up and running.

·
Registered
8,843 Posts
Just ordered from Seiya-san 2 days ago and the Watch is almost here .....

Priority Mail Express International[SUP]™[/SUP]

Processed Through Sort Facility

August 16, 2013, 4:02 pm

ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

PO to Addressee

Proof of Delivery

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

August 15, 2013, 9:35 pm

TOKYO INT V CONTAINER 1, JAPAN

August 15, 2013, 5:28 pm

TOKYO INT V CONTAINER 1, JAPAN

Acceptance

August 15, 2013, 1:35 pm

JAPAN

·
Registered
141 Posts
I just purchased from them, sumo was ordered 1am on Monday, and received the watch today, Japan to New Jersey. Excellent service if you ask me.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I ordered from Seiya Japan last Friday evening, Aug. 9th, watch arrived on Monday morning, Aug. 12th, here in NYC;)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I bought my SBBN015 from Seiya. Ordered on Thursday evening 8/1 , got tracking info on 8/3 and I received it on Monday 8/5. Came in perfectly packaged with watch box bubble wrapped and inside shipping box.
He threw in free spring bar tool to go with extra strap I bought and placed a bunch of watch catalogs inside. I couldn't have gotten it faster if I ordered it from Amazon
He also replied to my email when I thanked him for the watch.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, there it is, then. I will be ordering the MM300 tonight. I know this ain't legit until you see pictures, so I'll be sure to return with some.

Thanks for all your quick and helpful replies.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I made my first purchase from him (sarb033) last week and could not have been happier. Ordered last Saturday night and it was here in Illinois on Monday. Absolutely incredible. It was packaged safely and tracking info was provided right away with updates. I will recommend him to others from now on.

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
He just emailed me yesterday so no worries he's available.

·
Registered
166 Posts
SeiyaJapan has a long history providing US customers w great watches.

I just bought a SBGX259 and can say the price, communication and shipping Seiya Kobayashi provided me were excellent.

Fast free delivery via DHL. After filling out DHL's Watch Price Worksheet the package w my watch showed up on a Sunday. Regarding this, the purchase price is going to be stated by the seller so it's up to buyer to allocate price amongst three items, movement, case and bracelet. Protip: Allocate the greatest percentage of estimated value to movement which is taxed at a small fixed amount. The case and bracelet will be taxed on a percentage basis. My watch made it through without any duty fees assessed. Cheers!

·
Registered
5,896 Posts
SeiyaJapan has a long history providing US customers w great watches.

I just bought a SBGX259 and can say the price, communication and shipping Seiya Kobayashi provided me were excellent.

Fast free delivery via DHL. After filling out DHL's Watch Price Worksheet the package w my watch showed up on a Sunday. Regarding this, the purchase price is going to be stated by the seller so it's up to buyer to allocate price amongst three items, movement, case and bracelet. Protip: Allocate the greatest percentage of estimated value to movement which is taxed at a small fixed amount. The case and bracelet will be taxed on a percentage basis. My watch made it through without any duty fees assessed. Cheers!
What is this watch price worksheet that I keep hearing about? I have never filled one out for DHL. I buy from the seller (for example Seiya-san) and he fills out the paperwork. The only thing I have had to do is pay customs if the watch was over $800. Under $800, it just arrives at my house and i open and enjoy it.

·
Registered
4,156 Posts
What is this watch price worksheet that I keep hearing about? I have never filled one out for DHL. I buy from the seller (for example Seiya-san) and he fills out the paperwork. The only thing I have had to do is pay customs if the watch was over $800. Under $800, it just arrives at my house and i open and enjoy it.
Basically DHL contacts the receiver and emails a form which asks how the watch is broken down in terms of price and materials of the watch...you have to add it up to the invoice of the watch then someone at customs calculates what you need to pay duty/tax on the package before you receive it... you have to be truthful considering if you under value it to escape paying fees they can call you out on it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,343 Posts
OP, as others have said Seiya, is great to work with and fast with shipping. I highly recommend them. Vance.

Reactions: weirdestwizard

·
Registered
4,177 Posts
Seiya-san is a one man operation (I believe) so often it's hard to get a timely response via email. However I've never ever heard a complaint on his service, nor have I personally ever had an issue, and would not hesitate to recommend him.

·
Premium Member
12,016 Posts
US customs duty for items above USD800 is not a set fixed rate for the entire watch. You have to breakdown the value per component: movement, case, strap/bracelet, etc. That’s what worksheet is for. The customs examiner then charges the appropriate rate per component.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts