WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
acouple years ago a bought a seiko dive watch that i never gave as a gift until this xmas. i buy lots of watches(drawer full at times) and use as presents. got this model cal7s26, refskxoo33k2. looks like a 100meter model. bought a new electric watch winder. no instructions as to which way to wind watch...clockwise or reverse. let the watch wind all nite. it goes on one hour, off 3, then changes direction. anywy watch seems to only go about 3 hours i think and dies. will need to really check time lenght. just how long do you wind one?? which direction?? if you were wearing the watch all day and took it off at nite, should it still be runing in the morning??? cant get to company on the phone...any thoughts some one????

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
My 7s26 watches run at least 36 hours when fully wound, sounds like it may need to be serviced. I am sure someone here can give you a better idea of what the problem might be, but it sure sounds like your winder should be doing an adequate job of winding.

Best, Mike

·
Registered
401 Posts
My 7s26 watches run at least 36 hours when fully wound, sounds like it may need to be serviced. I am sure someone here can give you a better idea of what the problem might be, but it sure sounds like your winder should be doing an adequate job of winding.

Best, Mike

How can you tell its fully wound?

·
Registered
29,512 Posts
The watch needs to be wound both ways, as your watch-winder is doing.

As far as I know, watch-winders tend to maintain the watch at the level that they have reached when put on the winder. If it's running OK at night, it should be running OK in the morning, unless it was virtually 'dead' when put on the winder.

·
Banned
11,612 Posts
The watch needs to be wound both ways, as your watch-winder is doing.

As far as I know, watch-winders tend to maintain the watch at the level that they have reached when put on the winder. If it's running OK at night, it should be running OK in the morning, unless it was virtually 'dead' when put on the winder.
The watch winds in both directions. It doesn't matter win which direction the winder turns it.

acouple years ago a bought a seiko dive watch that i never gave as a gift until this xmas. i buy lots of watches(drawer full at times) and use as presents. got this model cal7s26, refskxoo33k2. looks like a 100meter model. bought a new electric watch winder. no instructions as to which way to wind watch...clockwise or reverse. let the watch wind all nite. it goes on one hour, off 3, then changes direction. anywy watch seems to only go about 3 hours i think and dies. will need to really check time lenght. just how long do you wind one?? which direction?? if you were wearing the watch all day and took it off at nite, should it still be runing in the morning??? cant get to company on the phone...any thoughts some one????
Let me see if I understand correctly. The watch is wound for one hour, then not wound at all for 3 hours and then wound again for one. Is that correct? It sounds to me that that a 1 hour wind should be enough to get more than 3 hours worth of wear. I would recomend wearing the watch for a day to see what it does. If at the end of a day of regular wearing it doesn't hold a reserve overnight then the watch will most likely need to be serviced.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thks for the reply. have tried everything to get the watch to work. noticed when it stops i give it a gentle tap and it starts. so maybe something is binding up. went to seiko sitel to find how to get it serviced. thier comments worry me tho. their not happy about purchased from non authorized dealers so maybe no servicel is avalable without paying. have to rethink about buying online now. have seen other seiko divers i wanted to bid on, but didnt see anything stating their were authorized to sell seilko watches. would llike some comments on anyone who has experience with trying to send watch back to seller orhow you would handle this problem....regards chuck. also thks to all others for responding to my question. i still need help on learning how to really use this site, my computer skills suck.....

Let me see if I understand correctly. The watch is wound for one hour, then not wound at all for 3 hours and then wound again for one. Is that correct? It sounds to me that that a 1 hour wind should be enough to get more than 3 hours worth of wear. I would recomend wearing the watch for a day to see what it does. If at the end of a day of regular wearing it doesn't hold a reserve overnight then the watch will most likely need to be serviced.[/quote]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts