WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrived this morning from ebay, cost £7.50 :-!

Advertised as working when shaken, possibly kinetic ;-)

Cleaned, oiled and running well :)

Lovely slim dress watch and my first Russian.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
A real find that. 12.00 US, cant go wrong and a beauty. You wont regret it. It has the 2209 movement that are in my Luch's and they keep time very well. Im amazed at the price -From the U K eBay may I ask? Every SeKonda de luxe I ever bid on there, went up to high for my thin blood. I particularly love the hour markers. Wear it in good health. P&P

·
Registered
95 Posts
fantastic catch...i was looking for one of those, i'd have easily paid twice that (still a negligible sum, hah!) :D

wear it in good health!

·
Registered
770 Posts
Agreed. The 2209 is THE bargain vintage watch. Historically interesting, award winning and technically sophisticated, it is capable of very good timekeeping.

Just keep it dry.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the kind comments lads :-!

Yes it was from ebay uk. The black outlining on the markers really sets the watch off.

A very nice ultra slim, 23 jewel, manual wind for less than a tenner. To say I'm pleased is puting it mildly. ;-)

·
Registered
7,743 Posts
Nice one - in very good condition.:-!:-!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Is the two-tone look intentional? Whenever I saw one on Ebay, and I saw hundreds, I always assumed it was a redial gone horribly wrong and the "watchmaker" simply wasn't bothered to complete the job. I don't mean to belittle your purchase as it's a great find and many times cheaper than mine!

·
Registered
770 Posts
The two halves of the dial are brushed at ninety degrees to each other. Lots of gold plated ones have much corrosion and there are two different cases. Turn it over and if the back of the lug is rounded, this is the slimmer of the two.
Amateurs are invited in by the big "Gouge me here" groove and, as this is an opportunity to ruin it, don't pay much for a non-runner. I've found that the grease in the barrel hardens. A few runs through the sonic and relube. That is usually enough to get one back to life, in which case I service it. Poor hairsprings, bashed or butchered, are another thing to avoid. Both case styles are available in chrome and "Silver" Sekondas often contrast the gold ones so they are interesting when displayed together.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Mine just arrived today...it's a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but hopefully it'll look okay when I get a strap on it. Seems good enough quality, and I got it for £17 delivered with a Luch 2209 movement (looks to be in fantastic condition).

I'll get some pics up when I'm home!

·
Registered
95 Posts
Well my phone camera is APPALLING (don't have another :() but here's 2 from the original seller!

running some trials for how well it keeps time and how long the reserve lasts, my first manual wind!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts