WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just been looking at the tech info released by Selita for the SW200-1 (available from Cousins download pages) out of idle curiosity and, having been used to ETA's minimalist approach to documentation over the years, I'm frankly gobsmacked by the level of detail they provide! I'd never thought of looking before because I basically treat them as a 2824 - if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck etc.....

If anyone else hasn't bothered for the same reason then it's really worth having a look. Obviously they include assembly and lubrication diagrams (better laid out than the ETA versions imho) but they also have:

• Full jewel size info (hole, diameter, thickness and style)
  • Full performance and timing specs for all grades
  • Winding information (speeds and duration) for auto and manual winding (apparently max of 100rpm for max 25 seconds manual wind with the auto work fitted or 400rpm for 10 seconds without the auto attached. Betcha didn't know that ;)
  • Full parts interchangeability info across the SW200 / 300 / 500 models
  • Dial layout drawings and casing dimensions.

Anyone would think they actually want to help people work on their movements rather than obstruct them at every turn like certain others!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'm guessing all the extra info will also hold for the 2824 series, which gives definitive answers to the regular questions about accuracy and hand-winding. Not sure I'd be entirely comfortable spinning the crown at 100 rpm though, even if they do say it's ok!

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Yeah, I think I've seen them floating around and thought "they're pretty", but they don't hint at the extra info that's available compared to the ETA versions and wouldn't have sent me looking for downloads on their own!

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Curiosity ...curiosity..is anyone doing a mod of Sellita 200 to convert it into a hand wound movement? There's really nothing on the market in smaller hand wound movements, and it strikes me that just getting rid of the winding mechanism , modifying the barrel and popping in a new mainspring would give you a very nice Swiss made hand wound movement.

Anybody doing this?

·
Registered
451 Posts
That's just awesome. I'm having Omega 1120 at the bench with worn 2nd upper jewel. That 30/100 seems to be pretty restricted. So at this point cheapest option to replace that jewel is to buy sellita bridge and just use the jewel!

Edit.
Got excited too early, sw300 seems to be clone of plain 2892. If I read the charts correctly, second wheel pivot for sw300 is only 14. Is this true? Can it be that small?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts