WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
Does anyone know the measurements of the Selitta SW200?

Does anyone know a source to buy these?

Cheers,

Bulldawg
The casing and hand fitting dimensions for the SW200 are the same as those for the ETA 2824-2.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
Re: Sellita SW200

I'm also curious about sourcing the Sellita movements and price vs. ETA. Are they available to the general public/watchmakers or only the watch manufacturers?

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

BMWFREAK,

I got an email back from Sellita the next day. I my email I clearly stated I had trouble sourcing the ETA 2824. I said I was a small guy and was interested in SW-200, Sw220 and SW-240. I asked if they had any big number movements but tak was not answered only the ETA 2824. If does not look like he is offering the SW-200 but the ETA 2824-2. Notice he saiy 25 rubies and not 26 like the SW-200.

I don't want to piss off the guy by posting his contact details here. I could but 5 if someone else can come in I think he is looking to sell more that 5 pices. This is what he said:

We could offer ETA movements Caliber 2824-2 in TOP version for 2009.

MOVEMENT 2824-2 TOP, Decoration 10.1R
Mouvements automatiques ETA
Calibre 11 1/2 2824-2
25 rubis incabloc
Aiguillage N°2
Exécution : rhodiée
Décor platine : perlée côté ponts partie visible
Décor ponts : retranche supérieure perlée, retranche inférieure colimaçon diamant
Gravages pont de rouage : Twenty-Five 25 Jewels Swiss Made sur retranche inférieure en lettres ton sur ton
Décor barillet : colimaçon papier et rhodié
Ressort barillet : Nivaflex
Décor masse : Côtes de Genève - colimaçon sur métal lourd
Disque de quantième : 3h fond blanc décalque noire
Balancier : Glucydur trous borgnes NIVACOURBE
Critères de réglage : TOP ETA

Could you give us the requested quantity ?

After receipt, we will be able to give you a detailed quotation.

Thank you in advance and kind regards

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

I have not seen the Sellita offered by any of the major watch part suppliers in the US, that's why I asked about availability. Sounds like you have to buy them direct in large quantity.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Right now I have more 2824, 2834 and 2836 movements than cases. I'm still looking for a 41mm or 42mm case that is affordable. I ordered a two 41mm from OFrei but when they arrived they were 37mm (I might have read it wrong) I already had 37mm from them; I think they had something wrong on the website and did a shuffle to CYA.

The guy at Sellita seemed like he wanted to deal in bigger qualities, no need for me to follow up until I can order a dozen or more. I did think it was interesting he would sell ETA 2824-2 and not his own SW-200. I guess the 2824 are no longer protected by copyright or trademark.

If getting the incabloc does not mean you are getting the better movement, what else should be stipulated when ordering the better 2824:
The meterial of the escape?
What is the difference in the finishing of a Tudor 2824 and a Invicta 2824?
I understand each company finishes the movement inhouse but what are the differences?
Why are some 2824 17 jewels and some 25 Jewels?

Cheers,

Bullbawg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts