• Tudor BB58 Blue

Votes: 26 42.6%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So a friend of mine has a Rolex Sub Smurf and is seriously considering selling it for the new Tudor BB58 blue! What would you do? Price aside which one would you choose and why?

·
Registered
502 Posts
Tudor anyday. Better looking watch (imo)

Edit: looked up the price and i would sell that blingy thing in a minute. Get a tudor, a pelagos, gmt, bb58 regular, a speedy and take a vacation, buy a new bike, a tv, new laptop, dinner with friends, season ticket for ajax, new couch and put the rest in my savings account

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk

·
Registered
111 Posts
It might be a good idea being that most Rolex models are selling above retail. Not sure what the Smurf is selling at on the second hand market but is definitely worth looking into. Your friend might be able to buy the new bb58 and get most of his money back on Rolex.

·
Registered
811 Posts
through photos I prefer the shade of blue of the Tudor that I have not seen live yet. But in everything else, except for price, I prefer the Submariner.

I find the size of the Submariner perfect and the 58 is a tad too small.
The bracelet does not have possible comparison.
I do not appreciate the snowflake hands.

If your friend wants to trade down or is tired of the weight of the gold version, he can get a selection of watches: bluesy, date, no date.

If you are really his true friend, do not let him commit that atrocity.

·
Premium Member
4,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's hard to put price aside, considering the clasp on the Smurf probably costs more than the BB 58 Blue.
I think one of the Smurf's crown guards costs more than the BB58. :p

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
Never been a big fan of the Smurf ... I would probably take the Blue Bay over the Smurf and buy another watch (or two) with the savings. However, I'd take a 114060 over the Blue Bay any day. That's a no-date diver done right :)

114060 > BB58 > Smurf

Reactions: Larsjeee

·
Premium Member
12,255 Posts
Tudor anyday. Better looking watch (imo)

Edit: looked up the price and i would sell that blingy thing in a minute. Get a tudor, a pelagos, gmt, bb58 regular, a speedy and take a vacation, buy a new bike, a tv, new laptop, dinner with friends, season ticket for ajax, new couch and put the rest in my savings account

Sent from my SM-G986B using Tapatalk
Of all the Rolex Submariners, the Smurf is my favorite by far, although personally I wouldn’t want to sink that much money in any watch. In any case, IMHO the Smurf has LESS bling than any other Submariner sold, which factor along with its fantastic blue bezel and dial make it a truly special watch. Have you ever seen or tried on a Smurf?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Own a smurf and wearing it now. Also own a Tudor Heritage Chrono, blue.
I like Tudor. But the smurf is on a whole other level. It’s not even close. But it’s not meant to be either. Your friend would be making a huge mistake. Unless he has the means to just go and buy another smurf if he misses it.

·
Registered
103 Posts
They didn't make very many smurfs. They are going to make a lot of the BB58 blues. But in the end you like what you like.

1 - 20 of 176 Posts