WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to pick up a JDM Seiko piece from Tokeikan on Rakuten and was curious if anyone knows if they are an AD or if they source their pieces from an AD? I did a search and it looks like they are a reputable shop but they only show one stock photo and a picture of a generic watch display case in their sales posting for the particular model I'm looking at.

I sent them an email and they responded very quickly but a few things were lost in translation. They mentioned it included the manufacture 2 year warranty and had the original box. Has everyone's experiences with them confirmed that the warranty card was dealer stamped and they received all boxes and papers? Thanks!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I am looking to pick up a JDM Seiko piece from Tokeikan on Rakuten and was curious if anyone knows if they are an AD or if they source their pieces from an AD? I did a search and it looks like they are a reputable shop but they only show one stock photo and a picture of a generic watch display case in their sales posting for the particular model I'm looking at.

I sent them an email and they responded very quickly but a few things were lost in translation. They mentioned it included the manufacture 2 year warranty and had the original box. Has everyone's experiences with them confirmed that the warranty card was dealer stamped and they received all boxes and papers? Thanks!
I am looking for the same thing myself. I'm seeing about purchasing the Seiko saek013 and they seem to be the only way to get it at a good price, but I wouldn't want to pull the trigger and then run into all sorts of problems, just to find out later that they weren't a reputable source in the first place. I'll keep searching and post and direct you to any findings I come across. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
Hello there. Thought I may be of some use here. Tokeikan is totally legit. The store manager Shinya has been a wonderful person to deal with. Throughout our dealings he has kept me informed on all progress and was ever so polite and prompt. There was once I cancelled an order due to the item being out of stock and must be reordered, the funds were promptly refunded without fuss. In fact even when I do see the article I'm interested in advertised lower elsewhere I would still buy from Shinya knowing he's a real gentleman who will keep his side of the bargain. You can see my post of the grand seiko sbga085 on this forum and of course that piece was procured through him. Buy with confidence and good luck in your selection!

·
Registered
23 Posts
I must say that I echo the sentiment that the shop is totally legit..........I just placed a 1800 dollar order for a "The Citizen" AQ1000 series........the shop owner had to order it, and he kept me informed every day of the status(es).......shipping was prompt with tracking numbers ........ everything went well.......

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
This is great feedback. Thanks to you both.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Thanks everyone this is most useful as i am about to purchase from Tokeikan too.

Am looking at a MRG 7700B 1Bjf its a black titanium version

I dont really see any difference with the 1Ajf version except for the yello hour highlights.

Can some one shed some light on this pls and also share any commments. thanks

I must say that I echo the sentiment that the shop is totally legit..........I just placed a 1800 dollar order for a "The Citizen" AQ1000 series........the shop owner had to order it, and he kept me informed every day of the status(es).......shipping was prompt with tracking numbers ........ everything went well.......

1 - 6 of 6 Posts