WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I just recently picked out a Bulova Accutron Gemini for a Christmas present (I don't have a true "dress" watch). I was pleasantly surprised when I saw this watch, since I have never been a fan of most Bulova watches I have seen. It's really stunning and boasts an automatic movement at an affordable price.

I was wondering if anyone can shed light on its Sellita SW200 movement for me. I have searched this forum and the rest of the internet for references, and have only come across a few facts: that is an ETA clone and that it can have winding problems.

Is this a reliable/recognized movement? How accurate should I expect it to be? What types of problems should I look out for? I appreciate any information from anyone more knowledgable than I. Thanks so much!!

·
Moderator at Large
53,150 Posts
Already in 2008 no fewer than 350 customers have signed up, with production verging on a million units. Sellita estimates that its movements equip around a third of Swiss mechanical watches !! Do you think that they fail in their judgement ? I do not.

·
Registered
301 Posts
In the coming years you will notice Sellita taking a lot of the place of ETA movements. ETA movements are becoming harder to buy and Sellita is currently the best alternative and will only become bigger in the next 5 years. Just a prediction. My experience with the movement is that it is very good.

·
Registered
5,388 Posts
Right now is the most accurate movement in my collection +3 secs per day in my beloved Ocean7 LM-7; my speedmaster pro is -10; my PO is -8; My Breitling seawolf is +10 an my MY B&M +15. Is a champ movement that has received a lot of work and water for more than two years.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Eterna, Oris and Tag Heuer use the SW200 in their lineup, recently read that Alpina is using the SW500 now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts