WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone purchased a watch from an AD but had it delivered to a hotel they are staying at which is located in a different city to the dealer? I am travelling to the US this week and am considering this as an option. Would I need to sign for it myself or would someone in reception be able to sign for it? Is it too risky to consider do you think or is relatively safe?
Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Depends on the hotels you stay in :)
But more serious, just think off all the things that could go wrong... late delivery with you already checked out for one. UPS normally does next day , but you will see, the time you need it next day it goes tits up.

If you are there visiting customers or something that you know , maybe that is a better bet.

·
Premium Member
7,880 Posts
Many members have done this in the past. If it's a large, well known hotel, it shouldn't be a problem. Just make sure you get a "proof of delivery" online, for your records. I would be confident doing this, especially if you go through the FD or other reputable dealer.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I've done it & no problems.......as said before, it really does depend upon the hotel. Possibly get it sent to a particular person at the hotel.......call them and ask for such a name. Or else, send it to whoever you are visiting in the city, if appropriate....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Bought my Rolex from an AD in my home state, but had the watch shipped to a business resort conference center hotel in another state while I was traveling on business...(edited by moderator)

My watch arrived overnight. The package room called me within minutes of taking delivery. I went down, signed for it, and all was well.

On the other hand, I wouldn't risk having an expensive watch shipped to a place like Motel 6.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts