WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stowa has a movement service only package along with a case refinishing and crystal swap package. I'm unsure if I want the case refinish (this watch is never leaving my collection), but I'm curious if it's worth it to get the crystals swapped. My flieger is from 2010 so it's past due for service but I noticed that in 2012 they started using AR coated crystals on the inside. I wonder if it's worth the swap. Has anyone done this and can comment (maybe with before/after photos)?

Thanks!

·
Registered
825 Posts
Stowa has a movement service only package along with a case refinishing and crystal swap package. I'm unsure if I want the case refinish (this watch is never leaving my collection), but I'm curious if it's worth it to get the crystals swapped. My flieger is from 2010 so it's past due for service but I noticed that in 2012 they started using AR coated crystals on the inside. I wonder if it's worth the swap. Has anyone done this and can comment (maybe with before/after photos)?

Thanks!
I've never had that done but I do know that the AR coating on Stowa watches is really, really good. I guess it depends on how much it costs and whether or not you think you need an AR coating.

·
Registered
4,629 Posts
I agree with the other poster that the coated crystal is in high quality.

If your Flieger is a keeper, why not.

I’m also interested to know how much it cost to have the crystal replace…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Stowa is on Holiday from August 1-15 so I plan to ship my watch to them towards the end of that time window. I'll update the post once I know more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts