WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I posted this info in the omega forum and it was suggested that I post here as well. This used to be my grandfathers watch and I don't know anything about it. I was wondering what type of watch it is and what it is worth. Also what it would cost to restore it or clean it up (whichever is better). Thanks so much for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,176 Posts
Better pics (of the movement) would help. I'm not even sure about the serial number...

From the dial I would guess a 30's watch. But that could be off a decade.

Value? We don't do valuations. But the real value in this watch is being an heirloom. It is a connection to your grandfather. He wore it on his wrist every day. Treasure it for that...

...and get it serviced!! :)

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Looks to me to be a 23.4 T2, a 15 jewel, later 17 jewel, workhorse that was produced from around 1940. I notice OXG on the balance cock which indicates importation in to the US.

Dial looks as though it may have been restored at some stage.

Re servicing costs, if the watch is still going you would be well advised to have it dis-assembled, cleaned and oiled. The price ranges from around 150 - 200 dollars.

I would not touch the dial nor the case, as you are fortunate indeed to have such a lovely heirloom.

Cheers

Desmond

1 - 5 of 5 Posts