WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Actually it's my dad's Omega, he told me the other day that it was running really slow so bad that he couldn't wear it anymore. Anyway gave Nesbit's a call today and spoke to Jan very nice lady. The watch has never been serviced since he bought it brand new 10+ years ago. Just battery replacement a few times I believe. Hope it comes out looking and working really great, needs some major TLC as one of the pins in the bracelet is broken too.

Here is the Seamaster in question.

·
Registered
1,415 Posts
I'm sure it'll come back like new! Hopefully it's not too serious. I thought it was more normal for a quartz to suddenly stop rather than get slower and slower...perhaps what your dad noticed was the end of life indicator, which makes the seconds tick in five second increments (but the watch is still keeping good time).

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
When it was doing the 5 second tick thing about a month or two ago he changed the battery then at the local watchmaker. But the other day said the watch was 20 minutes slow so something must have been wrong. Oh well we'll see what happens.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Hopefully a bad battery or something. Anyways let us know how the Nesbit's experience goes. How long did they say they would have it?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
They did not say how long they would have it yet. They just got the watch last week and got an email saying it's in the process of being inspected and when they did that I'd get an email sometime this week with a time frame and price.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Little update....watch is done and should be here on Thursday can't wait!! Pics will be up soon!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts