WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends,

if you have been planning to purchase a new watch directly from Sinn in the next few months; keep in mind that every September Sinn customarily publishes a new price list with new prices.

I do not know how much prices are going to increase this time, but I know that a new price list is just around the corner. If you want to avoid the next price increase, it might be prudent to place your order before the end of the month.

Sinn authorized dealers in Germany will follow the German Sinn price list; agents in other countries are likely to follow suit after a short delay.

K.

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,324 Posts
Great advice Kurt. For our North American members also keep in mind that the dollar is slipping against the Euro and the price drop that WatchUSeek initiated two months ago won't last forever.

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
My U1 on the bracelet just shipped on Friday from watchbuys, so I guess I made a good decision to buy now.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Great advice Kurt. For our North American members also keep in mind that the dollar is slipping against the Euro and the price drop that WatchUSeek initiated two months ago won't last forever.
Exactly why I pulled the trigger today on an 856 with the North American AD!

Thanks for the heads up Kurt and Bo! :-!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am ready to buy an 857 and they (watchbuys) are sold out. I called and they said it might be 3 or 4 weeks till they have more. They also mentioned the Sept1 price increase (possibly 15%). A 15% increase would knock it out of my price range. :-(

·
Registered
5,402 Posts
If you order now, you should be proofed against any 1 Sep increase. Good advice Kurt and Bo! :-!

·
Premium Member
9,584 Posts
15%? In this economy, talk about pricing yourself out of the game.:roll:

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just had the pleasure to stop by Sinn in Frankfurt to pick up my new 556. They had their new price list (valid Sept 1, 2010) around and I took it home to compare against the current one. There are a number of increases coming.

Among others, the 556 and 656 are marked up significantly, as is the U1. We're talking 15-20%! Perhaps the ETA movements have appreciated considerably, which has the greatest impact on their lower cost models, perhaps there are other reasons. However, a number of models have not appreciated or only seen small price increases. I'm just glad I picked up my 556 when I did. Awesome watch for the money!

·
WatchUSeek Administrator
39,324 Posts
I just had the pleasure to stop by Sinn in Frankfurt to pick up my new 556. They had their new price list (valid Sept 1, 2010) around and I took it home to compare against the current one. There are a number of increases coming.

Among others, the 556 and 656 are marked up significantly, as is the U1. We're talking 15-20%! Perhaps the ETA movements have appreciated considerably, which has the greatest impact on their lower cost models, perhaps there are other reasons. However, a number of models have not appreciated or only seen small price increases. I'm just glad I picked up my 556 when I did. Awesome watch for the money!
Welcome to the Sinn Forum Zara, and thanks for the info. :-!

How did the prices on the rest of the U series compare? They seem to be the most popular around here.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Welcome to the Sinn Forum Zara, and thanks for the info. :-!

How did the prices on the rest of the U series compare? They seem to be the most popular around here.
You are welcome. For the U series, it's approx as follows:

U1: +16%
U1000: no change
U200: no change
U2: +3%
UX: +6%
EZM3: +5%

For some of the other popular models:

144 St Sa: +8%
256: no change
356 Flieger: +6%
556: +20%
656: +12%
756: +9%
856: +8%
900: +12%
6000: +1%

Of course this is based on the German prices (which Sinn seem to take care not to publish outside of Germany, so I've not quoted any absolute prices here either). I suspect the US pricing will undergo the same or similar development. :-(

·
Premium Member
9,584 Posts
You are welcome. For the U series, it's approx as follows:

U1: +16%
U1000: no change
U200: no change
U2: +3%
UX: +6%
EZM3: +5%

For some of the other popular models:

144 St Sa: +8%
256: no change
356 Flieger: +6%
556: +20%
656: +12%
756: +9%
856: +8%
900: +12%
6000: +1%

Of course this is based on the German prices (which Sinn seem to take care not to publish outside of Germany, so I've not quoted any absolute prices here either). I suspect the US pricing will undergo the same or similar development. :-(
Thank you for sharing. Makes deciding on the U2 vs 857 more pressing.:-(

·
Registered
33 Posts
Very interesting thread, and glad I bought..yesterday :)

Does anyone know if the price increase is applied to bracelet/straps, as well?

thanks,
Mark

·
Registered
299 Posts
Crap, now I feel compelled to buy that U1 SDR :-x

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Watchbuys sent out a new mailing and it says if you buy and pay before 8/27 (even on sold out or backordered items) you get the watch at the current price (pre-9/1)...I just placed an order....Watch will be delivered in 20 days but at the old price...

Something to think about...:think:

Mike

1 - 20 of 22 Posts