WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 543 Posts

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Here is "Sergei", he is Dateless and looking for Love ;-)

In the tradition of a former travelling Vostok, "Vlad" https://forums.watchuseek.com/f10/travelling-vostok-who-wants-798210.html , I've decided to send Sergei out into the world to seek adventure and new Friends :-!

Over the next week or so I will take a few snaps of Sergei enjoying a few local places here on the Western coast of Australia, and then his true adventure will begin.

I'm hoping that I can find the next suitable host on the Eastern coast of Australia and then onward over the seas to other exotic locales.

Rules, oh we must have Rules.

You can follow Sergei's adventures on a Map here https://drive.google.com/open?id=14JSwVDpmcM5SqvZT4GX6rl-OM-cPxXPB&usp=sharing

I'm going to steal the hosting requirements from another thread started by MattBrace (thanks Matt :-! )

Hosting Requirements:

To Become a Host you must have been an active member of the forum for at least 6 months and have a minimum of 50 posts.

We ask that you ensure Sergei is passed on to the next host within 4 weeks of arrival; that you chose a trusted follow-up Host; and that you assume responsibility for ensuring that Sergei is passed along in the allotted time frame. A secure traceable method of shipping Must be used.

Please refrain from opening the case back. If repairs are necessary, contact the OP (mariomart) and arrangements will be made for repairs.

It would be nice if the Host could:

1) Add a postcard to the package. But, not a requirement. Please don't keep or lose items that are already included.

2) Take a few pics with the watch that are (preferably) somewhere of interest in your area - but a few WRUW shots will suffice if you do not have the means or time to do so.

I will retain ownership of Sergei throughout his adventure. So let this journey begin, to all future Hosts please remember your responsibilities. But most of all enjoy you time with Sergei…

20191007_114106.jpg

20191010_125932a.jpg

20191010_130036a.jpg

20191007_213343.jpg

·
Registered
164 Posts
Hello,

Thanks Mariomart. I have follow, at distance, some of the adventure of Vlad.

I would be glad to host Sergei, and to bring him in some unusual Paris places.

It's quite far from Australia though. So I'm ready to wait for my turn.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Interest is increasing, Excellent (said in the voice of Mr Burns)

So far our eligible hosting list is as such.

1. mariomart
2. unknown as yet East coat Aussie
3. Father of Five - Canada
4. begud - France
5. stevarad - Serbia
6. LowIQ - Belgium

:-!

·
Registered
717 Posts
All travels put into a world map....or google earth via tracking numbers....I take it one has to send Sergei off as a registered parcel (nothing else would do I think)...?

A kml file in Google earth or just some lines connecting destinations on an oldfashioned map or or a combination...choice of the next recipient..??

Getting right into the spirit....

·
Registered
374 Posts
I’ll take him around the traps in Brisbane and as well over to NZ where I could hand him on to a NZ based chap if there is a NZ based member wanting to host. Going there for 10 days, start of November. He would visit a place in NZ he’s never likely to go again with someone!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Progress of Sergeis travels hopefully documented in an extra thread with lots of pics..?
All documented progress will be in this thread.

All travels put into a world map....or google earth via tracking numbers....I take it one has to send Sergei off as a registered parcel (nothing else would do I think)...?

A kml file in Google earth or just some lines connecting destinations on an oldfashioned map or or a combination...choice of the next recipient..??

Getting right into the spirit....
I have no idea of how to do it or whats best, perhaps someone would like to take up the task of starting and maintaining this, up for discussion :-!

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I’ll take him around the traps in Brisbane and as well over to NZ where I could hand him on to a NZ based chap if there is a NZ based member wanting to host. Going there for 10 days, start of November. He would visit a place in NZ he’s never likely to go again with someone!
I'm happy for you to become Sergei's first host @kiwi.bloke however it would be best to follow the list of vetted hosts so we can keep him safely tracked on his journey. This would mean that you would be required to forward Sergei to Father of Five in Canada via tracked parcel post within 4 weeks of arrival. I can Express Post Sergei to you at the end of next week, I've estimated that the cost of sending him from Brisbane to Canada using Australia Post Standard Tracked Parcel post (the entire package currently weighs about 400g) will cost you $24.00. If you're happy with that we can get things rolling.

1. mariomart - West Coast Australia
2. kiwi.bloke - East Coast Australia
4. begud - France
5. stevarad - Serbia
6. LowIQ - Belgium
7. haha - Czech Republic
8. SuffolkGerryW - UK (will become eligible after December 2019)

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'm happy for you to become Sergei's first host @kiwi.bloke however it would be best to follow the list of vetted hosts so we can keep him safely tracked on his journey. This would mean that you would be required to forward Sergei to Father of Five in Canada via tracked parcel post within 4 weeks of arrival. I can Express Post Sergei to you at the end of next week, I've estimated that the cost of sending him from Brisbane to Canada using Australia Post Standard Tracked Parcel post (the entire package currently weighs about 400g) will cost you $24.00. If you're happy with that we can get things rolling.

1. mariomart - West Coast Australia
2. kiwi.bloke - East Coast Australia
4. begud - France
5. stevarad - Serbia
6. LowIQ - Belgium
7. haha - Czech Republic
8. SuffolkGerryW - UK (will become eligible after December 2019)
Sounds good. I can still take him to NZ on holiday and post him away from AU when I get back, Just figured an NZ based forum member may have wanted to jump onboard and give him a couple days out and about as well before he leaves the antipodes. Not likely to be back our way for a while I guess!

·
Registered
717 Posts
There is a conceptual artist whou sent a red sofa around the USA.......Kevin Clarke...

https://evanstonpubliclibrary.wordpress.com/tag/the-red-couch/

that project has then been taken over then by Horst Wackerbarth...

https://horst-wackerbarth.com/en/works/

All the above ever so slightly OT....

When I order something there is some pleasure to be found in getting a tracking number.....see the progress the parcel does make....making sure I am at home on the delivery day....I also find it interesting what journeys these parcels make...from one destination to another.....one could document Sergeis journey...

I take it the next host, right now the first host, of Sergei will be sent a tracking number...could those tracking numbers be shared here in the thread or as PM to all involved...? I could do some detailed maps then.....including Sergeis overnight stops in the parcel.... :)

Anyway, when he comes to Brussels he will be treated to a First Night at the Opera and the first night party after....

·
Registered
2,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
... I take it the next host, right now the first host, of Sergei will be sent a tracking number...could those tracking numbers be shared here in the thread or as PM to all involved...? I could do some detailed maps then.....including Sergeis overnight stops in the parcel.... :)

Anyway, when he comes to Brussels he will be treated to a First Night at the Opera and the first night party after....
Unfortunately the tracking number details will only ever be shared between the sender, the receiver and also myself (I prefer to keep abreast of every transfer), the reason for this is that quite often the tracking number reveals the address of each party as well as their real identity, no one should need these details other than those concerned, it's to protect the hosts from possible home invasion as well as parcel interception.

·
Registered
717 Posts
1 - 20 of 543 Posts