WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any database online or other method to search a Tag Heuer serial No. to determine what year the watch was produced? Does Tag Heuer provide such service?

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Here are the pictures for my Tag Heuer. Maybe someone can estimate the production year from the serial No.
P1000136.JPG P1000137.JPG

·
Registered
705 Posts
I have in the past emailed Tag Customer Support on my watches serial number. They told me they cant (or "wont" - i dont know) be able to tell me the manufacture date based on the serial number but they could tell me the month and year it was sold initially to the dealer.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
Considering it's a GC and COSC certified, you might be able to trace the COSC serial number to the date it was certified. That doesn't guarentee when the watch was made but it should be close. The GCs haven't been out that many years so the watch isn't ancient.

·
Registered
12,033 Posts
Considering it's a GC and COSC certified, you might be able to trace the COSC serial number to the date it was certified. That doesn't guarentee when the watch was made but it should be close. The GCs haven't been out that many years so the watch isn't ancient.
I thought COSC testing was done to movements and not to watches.

·
Registered
6,781 Posts
I thought COSC testing was done to movements and not to watches.
Read my post again. I said you can trace the COSC serial number but it doesnt guarentee when the watch was made. When the GC came out, there was nearly a doubling of COSC movements from roughly 30,000 movements to 75,000. This would be the oldest the watch would be, maybe 3-4 years old at the most.

·
Registered
705 Posts
I would think the cosc cert date, being rougly when the movement was born, would be more important then when the movement was incased in a hunk of pretty sapphire and steel.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts