WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've been lurking on this forum for several months now, learning a great deal about the world of Casio G-Shocks and Pro-Trek/Pathfinders.

I just bought a Pathfinder PAG70T-7V a couple of days ago. (Only my second Casio, after an ancient, but still-worn-daily, Casio TC-50.) I had my heart set on a PAG80YT, but I have a small wrist, so decided to go with the slightly smaller PAG70T.

On the stainless steel back of the watch, at the bottom, in tiny, tiny characters, there's a number of the format 999A999A (where "9" is a digit, "A" is a letter). Is that the serial number of the watch?

·
Registered
1,593 Posts
Not 100% sure of what you are asking, but you might want to check out this posting:
https://www.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=4318
This may explain the letters/numbers you are talking about. Casio typically list the module number (3 or 4 digit, depending on the watch; need this for finding instruction manual on line) and the model number (GW-XXXX for example). They do not put any type of serial number on the outside of their watches like other watch makers that will typically tell you the month & year the watch was made. Hope this helps. If not,perhaps someone else will have the answer. Posting a picture might help also.

OOPS! My bad. I guess I haven't been keeping up with Casio. I just saw this picture posted on a sales forum:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Snowback: thanks for replying.

And yes, I have previous familiarity with the information chart you referred me to - very helpful chart. I know I have a module 2872 watch, and "PAG70T-7V" means "PAG" = "Pathfinder", "T" = "Titanium", "7" = "Silver", and "V" = "Export model".

It's a pretty good bet that the number at the bottom of the case back is the serial number. See photo:

Attachments

·
Banned
95 Posts
yes thats the serial number.anyone in this forum owning prg 80 or 90 can also check the serial number written on back in very small letters

1 - 4 of 4 Posts