WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope someone here can give me some info. i'm not a watch collector nor do I own a Rolex so bear with me. I work at a ritzy old folks home and just recently someone has turned in a Rolex as lost. No one has claimed it which I find strange, but then again we are dealing with older people some who suffer from dementia and such.

The people i work with don't seem to be concerned about this so there it sits in the drawer. I'm afraid the longer it sits there the more likely someone will pocket it. i would like to track down the owner and return it. Is there a way the serial number can be used to do this? Can I somehow contact Rolex with the number? i know there is a list of lost and stolen ones but if it hasn't been reported then can the owner still be tracked?

Any help much appriciated by myself and I'm sure by the owner!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Hi, I hope someone here can give me some info. i'm not a watch collector nor do I own a Rolex so bear with me. I work at a ritzy old folks home and just recently someone has turned in a Rolex as lost. No one has claimed it which I find strange, but then again we are dealing with older people some who suffer from dementia and such.

The people i work with don't seem to be concerned about this so there it sits in the drawer. I'm afraid the longer it sits there the more likely someone will pocket it. i would like to track down the owner and return it. Is there a way the serial number can be used to do this? Can I somehow contact Rolex with the number? i know there is a list of lost and stolen ones but if it hasn't been reported then can the owner still be tracked?

Any help much appriciated by myself and I'm sure by the owner!
First I would think the facility should have an inventory of personal items the clients checked in with.

Second, it seems like some relatives could be contacted if you can get an idea of a possible owners.

Finally I would express my concerns to the management and see if they can lock it up until the real owner is located. =) maverick
BTW, welcome to the forum :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
First I would think the facility should have an inventory of personal items the clients checked in with.

Second, it seems like some relatives could be contacted if you can get an idea of a possible owners.

Finally I would express my concerns to the management and see if they can lock it up until the real owner is located. =) maverick
BTW, welcome to the forum :)
guess I didnt describe it right, its a retirement community, so there is catered living, healthcare and independent living. The independent people are just like renters anywhere else, they live in apartments and theres no lists of personal belongings or anything. We have almost 500 residents so a list of possible owners without anything to go on is almost impossible.

I did talk to my immediate boss this morning who just gave me a funny look like I was wrong to think such a thing, but dangit I know how people are and they should too. I may go over their head but havent decided if its worth making them mad. i am just a peon after all.

Hopefully someone will come forward soon and claim it. People do talk and I'm afraid if people find out its there someone else may try to claim it. If it really belongs to someone they should be able to produce a certificate for it right? I guess I shouldnt worry about it so much, its a drop in the bucket to these people, I just cant get used to that mindset.

Thanks for the welcome, I am going to look around while I'm here, I've got a few old watches (not rolex) in the family, maybe I'll see if they're anything special.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Hmmm.. .If someone lost a watch, and has not made an inquiry to the lost and found, maybe a search of people who transitioned out of the community just before the date it was found would be a good place to start. That might narrow things down a bit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
In answer to your question, the Rolex should have some service history and can be traced to it's owner. Just give your local Rolex serice centre a call and they will advise you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In answer to your question, the Rolex should have some service history and can be traced to it's owner. Just give your local Rolex serice centre a call and they will advise you.
This is funny, I was just surfing info tonight and this forum popped up in the results. I remembered posting here so came to see if the thread was still here. Over two years later and here it is, here I am and unbelievably that rolex is still here as well, never claimed! I sure wish I had the $$ to not worry about losing a rolex! I still have no doubts it's real, this place is high class, cheapest apartment is a million and a half buy in with Maint fees of $3000-$5000 a month! Guess if they noticed it gone they just bought another.

also laughed at the post about checking the people who had transitioned out, no offense, just struck a funny bone. Only one way they transition out of here so if they did I doubt I could contact them :) I'm kind of guessing thats the deal anyway, you wouldn't believe the stuff I've seen tossed by the kids when they clean out after mom or dad passes on. Had a 44gal trash can once where it was just obvious they didnt look, just tossed drawers and all in. No rolexes but I did find a few treasures in there! Yup, not too proud to trash hunt for treasure!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts