WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, I purchased a 16570 several months ago, but have some questions after wearing it every day since then. The watch is great and keeps near perfect time. I am unsure of the serial # as I have not removed the bracelet, but what I do know is that it is solid end link and has no rehaut engraving (I believe it is one of the first generations with solid end links).

I bought from a good seller and also had the watch authenticated in Orlando FL at orlando watch co. so I have every reason to believe it is authentic. But after looking at other rolex's I notice some have a engraving on the first link inside the bracelet. But mine does not. At first I thought it was only for those with the folded end link, but after more digging I have found some with solid end links with the same engraving. Is this something to worry about? Or is it characteristic of this watch? Additionally just prior to purchasing the watch the original owner had it serviced, the rolex logo on the crown is not vertical when screwed in, I believe this to be as a result of previous work done on the watch, but again I am somewhat particular and am wondering if this is anything to worry about.

Thanks all for any help and patience. I am really getting to love this watch and as I grow more attached to it I become more critical of what I have purchased as it feels a bit too good to be true that I have such a great watch on my wrist every day. I am just looking to squash any doubts I have developed and get back to enjoying this watch!

PS. I know I can just remove the bracelet to see the serial number but I am on the road for the next 8 days and do not have the appropriate tools.

·
Registered
5,593 Posts
The orientation of the crown (coronet) is variable. It can sit closed in any position.

As for the number on the bracelet, perhaps you can provide some cellphone pics, then some of us can be more precise with our feedback.

It is good that you trust the seller, however. That's always an anchor point to control your worry.

So: pics, if you can!

Sent from my slingshot using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts