WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Love it to death. I mean LOVE! So many compliments so many oohs and ahhs... and then somebody else said something about it. :-d

I can't possibly tell you exactly what it is I love about it, too many things to list, but I can tell you what I dislike... one thing, the bezel doesn't align properly with the dial. It's barely off, but noticeable to the trained eye. However, those that have looked at it so far haven't seemed to noticed it, so I'm probably just being too picky. Since my Monstrum I've actually gotten used to the misaligned bezel and it doesn't even bother me anymore. The Sellita is smooth and completely unnoticeable. Leather strap rocks, very soft and comfortable, thick and wide enough to support even this beast. But I'll let the pictures do all the talking, hopefully they do it justice.

ps> comfort vs. size is an amazing surprise!

·
Registered
388 Posts
That is a unique looking watch. I really like the dial on it and the the crown positioning at 2 o'clock. I am glad that you love it, not much better than being satisfied with what you own.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my favorite part is the large dial. i'm tired of the standard 32mm at best dials, even on larger watches, this sucker is something like 35mm - makes it look that much bigger. ;D thanks for takin' the time to read, view, and comment.

·
Premium Member
2,106 Posts
I really like the dial as well! That is one huge crown!!

Very unique. I would just want a bracelet.

The only thing I do not like is the size of the font of Serket and the lines in the middle of the dial.

The markers are really cool and the bezel is awesome. All in all a great watch and I want one!!

R

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Hi Steve,

Very nice photo review of your Reef Diver 2.0! Great pics, btw! :-!

Congrats, and glad to hear that you're enjoying her so much! ;-)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Good for you! That design is unique, especially that crown way up on the right! what is the lug width? 22mm?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Congrats and welcome to the club. quite the watch indeed and folk do get directed to your wrist real fast. LOL b-) ;-)

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Awesome pics and review Steve!! I'm totally in for one of these. Any chance you could post some lume shots?

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, the lighting somehow made the accents on the dail appear redish, but they are orange, this I can tell you, and a near perfect match to the stitching as well.

Thanks for checking this out everyone.

Bloom, I will have to get a shot of the lume, once I figure out how to turn off the flash on this damned camera. $1600 for a camera and turning off the flash feature isn't easy...? wow. I've got to go back to the manual and see how to do it I guess, I just hate using the directions for anything! ;D

Thanks again everyone!

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Yeah, the lighting somehow made the accents on the dail appear redish, but they are orange, this I can tell you, and a near perfect match to the stitching as well.

Thanks for checking this out everyone.

Bloom, I will have to get a shot of the lume, once I figure out how to turn off the flash on this damned camera. $1600 for a camera and turning off the flash feature isn't easy...? wow. I've got to go back to the manual and see how to do it I guess, I just hate using the directions for anything! ;D

Thanks again everyone!
No worries Steve; thanks for attempting it!! I know lume shots can be a pain; I don't have a tripod, so I always struggle with them. Speaking of lume, how would you rate the lume on the Serket Reef Diver 2.0 compared to some of the other watches in your collection? Is it good enough on it's own, or is it a candidate for Kent Parks services?

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
Couldn't take it anymore; I just ordered a Reef Diver 2.0. The pictures pushed me over the edge. Should be here sometime tomorrow; can't wait!! Kind of reminds me of the Steinhart Triton a bit.

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Couldn't take it anymore; I just ordered a Reef Diver 2.0. The pictures pushed me over the edge. Should be here sometime tomorrow; can't wait!! Kind of reminds me of the Steinhart Triton a bit.
hahaha... you're as impetuous as me I see. to help put your mind at ease, I'd say the lume is top notch, but take into account that i've never experienced tritium tubes first hand. comparable to seiko i'd think, and in generous helpings as well. i just stuck it up under between my button up and my under-tee and peeked between buttons... i was blinded. does that give you a clue? ;D

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I do wish to append my review here, as I've determined what's best or most impressive about this piece. At first I thought for sure it was the unique look and design, but that's not it. It's the extremely large dial/crystal size and surface area that first catches ones eyes. 35mm, rather than the typical 32 I'm used to seeing on everything else. Then, of course, it is the uniqueness that exudes from it's every curve and and detailed aspect that rounds a very close second.

·
Registered
17,513 Posts
nice looking watch steve. I like that tall bezel. the crown works also. looks easy to grab onto.

·
Registered
5,271 Posts
I do wish to append my review here, as I've determined what's best or most impressive about this piece. At first I thought for sure it was the unique look and design, but that's not it. It's the extremely large dial/crystal size and surface area that first catches ones eyes. 35mm, rather than the typical 32 I'm used to seeing on everything else. Then, of course, it is the uniqueness that exudes from it's every curve and and detailed aspect that rounds a very close second.
I cannot wait until tomorrow to see this beast on my wrist!!! Thanks again Steve for the pics and review; you are most definitely an enabler!!!

·
Banned
5,120 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
yeah, my freids always told me that i should sell drugs, because i was a really good pusher. peer preasure babeh... nothin' better. ;D besides, it's not hard to push somebody over when their already teetering on the edge... BLOOM!!!!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts