WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2) Serkisof looks like a Molnyja. The right translitteration should be Serkisov or in German way Serkisoff.
1) Calendar raketa 1980-2000

Attachments

·
Registered
4,196 Posts
2) Serkisof looks like a Molnyja. The right translitteration should be Serkisov or in German way Serkisoff.
1) Calendar raketa 1980-2000
Nice watches, two classic Russians :-! There is a quite interesting thing about the pocket watch. The Molnija "Serkisof"-branded versions are very common, but nobody noted that on all those watches there is the "DEMIRYOLU" inscription, that means "train" or "railroad" in Turkish.

The Serkisof "Demiryolu" pocket watches (as said, just normal Molnija "train" pocket watches) are currently sold in massive quantity on Turkish websites, complete with nice metal boxes.
Maybe the Molnija watches were really used by the Turkish railways in the past? :think: I don't know reasons to find a Turkish inscription on a Russian watch, especially if this inscription is very diffused.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My Serkisof is without any texts on back side. Only the picture is there. I have bought that one about 1992-1995 in Helsinki "red square".

1 - 3 of 3 Posts