WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
987 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!!
I know that in the US there are some great independet watchmakers that can service the SBDX001 properly. I'm wondering if there's any watchmaker in Europe who can service them or not.

Besides, I read somewhere that Seiko wants to establish a European service center, not to send all "special" watches to Japan, any news?

Recently Seiko has decided to sell SBDX001 in France, and that's a good step ahead. But unfortunately the Seiko French service center cannot service that watch.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Think of it this way: If Seiko decides to sell Marinemaster in EU, then that means sooner or later they'll have to start offering support.

Even if it's not now, by the time the MM needs service support will most likely be established.

Just curious, is Seiko offering the MM in their boutique only? If so then I believe that boutiques have always carried JDM's even before they decided to release GS worldwide.

·
Registered
168 Posts
i've bought my mm300 at the seiko store in paris. as far as they've told me, if you send them your watch they'll take care of the servicing. they might not do it themselves and send it back to japan but they'll still take care of it.

there's also a store in bern, switzerland, which might be closer to you.

i don't think that there's much wrong with a mm being sent to japan for servicing. many other brands have to send their watches back to the factory for servicing as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts