WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A few years ago, after learning about the history of the Strela in space, I decided to try and find a vintage 3017 Chronograph for my collection. After a few months of searching, I came across a nice Puljot at a decent price and pulled the trigger. I was pretty happy with the watch, but about a year ago noticed the minute totalizer hand was no longer reseting to zero, but instead to about the 25 minute mark. The watch and chronograph still function, but the minute totalized will always reset to the same 25 min location.

I took the watch to a few watchmakers in San Francisco for repair estimates right before the pandemic shut things down and then promptly forgot about it given everything else that was going on. In the subsequent months, I ended up moving to Southern California and am now interested in finding someone to once again take a look.

That being the case, I'm wondering if anyone might have suggestions for watchmakers or repairs shops who would be able to work on a Puljot - ideally in or around the LA area, although I'm open to shipping if need be. In addition to the repair, I'd also want someone who could perform a general service since I suspect (despite the seller's claims to the contrary) the watch hasn't received an overhaul since the Brezhnev administration...

Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
As an epilogue, I'm happy to report this story has a happy ending. While visiting a local mall, I happened across a small, independent watch shop (WatchWorks) and on a whim decided to see if they'd be able to service and repair the Puljot.

Eddie, the owner, seemed very interested in the challenge and asked me to bring the watch back for a closer look, which I did. After doing a more in-depth assessment, he was confident that he could do the repair and quoted a very reasonable rate for the job. It took a while to source the correct parts from overseas, but he was eventually able to get everything straight and functioning like (or probably better than) new. I'm delighted to have the watch back in working order so I can continue to preserve and enjoy this small piece of history.

If anyone is in need of a skilled watchmaker in SoCal, I can't recommend Eddie and WatchWorks enough. As a bonus, the shop has a very cool collection of vintage and used pieces with a staff that's happy to talk anything watch related. Definitely my go-to place for vintage service from now on!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts