WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! My SOA is running about 18s/day fast. I wanted to improve that by... a lot. Would you guys mind providing some suggestions on who services Kobolds (besides Kobold)? I saw RGM suggested in another thread. Any others? Much appreciated.

·
Moderator German Watches Forum
6,036 Posts
If your watch is running 18s/day fast I would first try having it de-magnetized
to see if that has an effect. That should be quick and cheap, possibly free.

If you need service you might try Topper Jewelers in Burlingame. They are an
easy walk from the the CalTrain station. Topper is a forum sponsor. You can
find their ad at the top of the German Watches forum and other places on
watchuseek.

I have had good results sending my watches to Swisservice (801-582-0731)
in Salt Lake City.

Thanks,
rationaltime

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It came from Kobold like that a few months ago. I've just gotten to the point where it's annoying me enough that I want to deal with it. Actually, the first time I received it the movement was loose in the case. The only thing holding it in place was the crown stem. So I sent it back almost immediately. The turn around was really fast from them. But a couple weeks after receiving it the second time I realized how inaccurate it was.

@rationaltime Thanks! Burlingame isn't too far from me! I wanted to make sure that the place I sent it could deal with the case. Two watch guys I've taken it to in SF so far have been befuddled by the case back.

·
Registered
170 Posts
My Soarway Diver 43 is a bit fast, too. There is also an odd "click" when winding it that I've never had a watch do before. I have always just dealt with it rather than sending it out.

·
Registered
984 Posts
It sounds like it just needs to be regulated. Any reputable watch repair guy worth his salt should be able to do this as it's a basic ETA movement. It should only take 10-20 minutes as he adjusts and monitors the amplitude. DO NOT OVERPAY! It should run anywhere from free to $20. Bear in mind that a new mechanical watch has a break in period of about a month for the oils to settle. You should wear it daily during that time allowing it to settle according to your daily movements. In my experience the movements usually slow about 5 sec after the settle period. Enjoy your new watch!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts