WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 7002-7039 from 1996 which is in fair condition. It appears to be keeping time very well, and the reserve seems very good.

Because I'm a hands on guy, I was wondering if anyone attempts mods themselves, short of the pro guys?

I was thinking of replacing the bezel insert, and replacing the glass.

Also, I know I have a 120 click unidirectional bezel; it doesn't seem to be able to turn well at all. I have "forced" it to moved a couple minutes in 1 direction. I now read it's lockable? Could this be true? How do I unlock? If it's seized, what's the best way to unseize it.

THANKS! (i know i babbled, damn caffeine)

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
Your bezel is not lockable; it sounds more like it needs to be "serviced" & that is "do-able" by you. Do a search for bezel removal & you should find lots of references (with pictures) on this easy project. It is more likely that the o-ring is dry & needs to be cleaned up or replaced and re-lubed with silicone grease. The crystal replacement is another matter. Unless you have the right tools (like a case back opener, loupe, crystal press etc.) & parts, you would more than likely ruin your watch. Have an expert do it; they will do the job quickly & even pressure test it when they are finished to make sure that all the seals are still good & your watch is still able to go in the water.

·
Registered
448 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks very much!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts