WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi please can some one tell Me what the movement is in this watch.? I guess the same as the aerist, despatch rider etc. I see it has pin lever movement. Is it possible to upgrade the movement in these watches? I see there are later movements with sub dials that may suit it. Thanks for Your input Guys

·
Registered
5,020 Posts
Usually pictures help....

Ummmmm upgrade movement? Oh you mean franken it up....someone her may have some suggestions.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
The movement will probably be Thiel Brothers or possibly Kienzle. Look it up on Roland Rafft's pink pages or Chrostoph Lorenz's metatechnical cabinet.

To swap the movement out for something completely different, you will need to take account of the movement diameter, overall height, stem-to-dial height, distance of sub-dial centre from the dial centre and hand sizes. You'd best take it to a watchmaker for expert advice. Better still, have the watchmaker service the movement and enjoy the watch the way it was intended.

·
Premium Member
6,666 Posts
Just using Google, I found some claims that Oris 292 pin-lever movements were used in some of these models.

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
18,209 Posts
Is this the movement?

I haven't found an exact match for it yet, but I'm guessing that it is German.

Reactions: Dan S

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys excellent help.I appreciate it.Thanks for IDing.That looks like it.Sadly the movement is missing some parts that’s why I am considering upgrading the movement rather than scratching about for parts .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts