WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi
I'm thinking of cleaning and srvicing my Aquis Red - servicing the Sellita movement is a normal procedure, but I do want to get more info on how to treat the caseback, the bezel and also the bracelet.
Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
Well the first question to ask I suppose is how old is your Aquis and is it showing any signs that it could do with a service (ie losing or gaining time, shorter power reserve, etc)?

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Good point :)
So main reason is that it's my daily beater and because of that it's extremely dirty, maily the bracelet and the lugs area.
Second, I would like the fine tune the balance for better accuracy.
Third. I'm bored.

·
Registered
9,441 Posts
If you just want to clean off the dirt then get a bowl of warm soapy water and place the watch head and bracelet in there to soak. You can use an old toothbrush to gently go over it, and dry it with a microfiber cloth. Once dry, depending on the finish you can give it a little touch up with a scotchbrite pad to remove any swirlies and hairline scratches, polished surfaces can be done with a cape cod cloth.

After the soapy water the bezel can be removed for cleaning if need be, or you might just use some floss to get underneath it. As for the balance, again you'd have to see how much it was gaining or losing per day to see if you felt it was worth doing. If you do want to tackle it then I'm sure you can find some generic videos for a Selita or ETA online, though it might be worth playing around with a cheap Seiko first just to get a feel of things. And don't forget to grease the seals afterwards of course.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts