WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
dear sirs,Please help me know how to adjust the correct time on this waltham 1887 pocket watch/. It was handed down to me from my father in law,s safety deposit box and although I had it cleans and it runs fine I can't figure how to set it! If you push in the crown wheel twice it stops, once more restarts it. when stopped you cannot seem to turn the crown and I don't want to force it.

Attachments

·
Registered
18,181 Posts
Maybe it is a lever set watch? In these a small lever needs to be pulled away from the watch body in order to set the time... My Columbus watches of this vintage do that.

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Right. Unscrew the crystal protecting the dial. Then look at 1 o'clock and you might see a small lever. Pull that out with your fingernail, set your watch and push the lever back in.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Right. Unscrew the crystal protecting the dial. Then look at 1 o'clock and you might see a small lever. Pull that out with your fingernail, set your watch and push the lever back in.
Thank you so much. It worked like a charm! I joined on this site just for this and now i'm going to hang out here for awhile!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Maybe it is a lever set watch? In these a small lever needs to be pulled away from the watch body in order to set the time... My Columbus watches of this vintage do that.
Thank you very much for your help. That was exactly correct!

·
Registered
130 Posts
very interesting...
It is also a stopwatch. Thats pretty unusual. IMO.
I agree that it is probably a lever set watch.
I like the look of a sub-second hand and a sweep hand too.
Congrats...

Peace,
Scott

·
Registered
23,771 Posts
Our pleasure. Thanks for posting. Haven't seen too many of these Waltham chronographs here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts