WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Congrats on a very good deal. :-!

Yes, I can confirm that the light has a prominent orange hue to it. It lasts only 1.5 sec. I think 2 sec would've been "just right".
The illumination duration can be set for either one (LT1) or three (LT3) seconds in the set-up menu (step 11) ;-)

cheers

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
xevious,

I would love to know where you picked yours up for less than $20.00? Do you mind sharing. For less than a trip to McDonalds for the family, that is a steal.

Have a good night,

·
Registered
6,109 Posts
The illumination duration can be set for either one (LT1) or three (LT3) seconds in the set-up menu (step 11)
Oops. OK, that's the last time I say anything before consulting the manual, unless I'm dead certain. o|
;-)

I would love to know where you picked yours up for less than $20.00? Do you mind sharing. For less than a trip to McDonalds for the family, that is a steal.
Pre-owned and fine condition, on "that auction site." b-)

·
Premium Member
14,581 Posts
Oops. OK, that's the last time I say anything before consulting the manual, unless I'm dead certain. o|
;-)

Pre-owned and fine condition, on "that auction site." b-)
Ah, Thank you.

Have a good one today,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got mine in today, super easy to set up, no instructions were included with it, but it was new. I can confirm the light is amber, which I like a lot! It is also set at 1 or 3 seconds, I still need to look at the manual, I'm not sure what the green area with the arrows is supposed to mean? Is this the trend in the weather, or milliseconds?
It's not as fugly as the G-shocks, but still a large watch! For the money, I can't complain though!

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Congratulations sawlight.

The graph in the middlerow is a simply animation for the seconds passing by while you are in timekeeping mode (a typical Casio gimmick, it seems they can't live without it, lol). In baro mode it works like a differential pointer on the "adult" Protreks, arrow to the right means the airpressure increased since last measurement, to the left means it decreased. The more to the right or left the more the airpressure changed.

cheers

·
Registered
86 Posts
Congratulations sawlight.

The graph in the middlerow is a simply animation for the seconds passing by while you are in timekeeping mode (a typical Casio gimmick, it seems they can't live without it, lol). In baro mode it works like a differential pointer on the "adult" Protreks, arrow to the right means the airpressure increased since last measurement, to the left means it decreased. The more to the right or left the more the airpressure changed.

cheers
So, in timekeeping mode the "animation" doesn't mean anything? In the first days I've got the watch, I started to freak out about the arrows always moving to the left. I thought that in timekeeping, the moving arrows were indicating weather tendencies. Glad to know that it doesn't mean nothing (on the baro screen works fine). :-d

·
Registered
28 Posts
this is my first post after lurking for way too many hours. I have been shopping for a digital and thought for sure it would be one of the solar atomic g shocks but after finding this jewel I pulled the trigger and man is it nice. Thanks guys for all of your information. when i learn how to post a pic i will shoot one out

·
Registered
8,522 Posts
Congrats waumpuscat,

the SGW-300 might not be a G and it is a fairly cheap watch but still one that is hard to beat considered value and functionality. I like mine as on the first day and wear it regulary. An excellent EDC watch, that leaves many of my much more expensive watches in the shadow.

cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey cal thanks and was much in part to your comments in one of your post about the watch being a great value that got me looking at it. I really have appreciated reading your post and am struggling not to buy a 7900:)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi, I read a lot about this cheap watch and I have some questions for the owners: is it true that the band pins breaking the case easily? The resin glass is very scratchable? Other problems with this watch?

Thank you guys :)

21 - 32 of 32 Posts