WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Went to the SH watch factory this afternoon to check out the re-issue. Picked one up, here are some pictures. They made a small run of them and do not seem too keen on making more.

removed buy info, see sales forum.

-Auto movement hacks with a quick set date.
-Nice domed acrylic crystal like the original.
-Big screw down crown like original.
-Hands and dial similar to original but not exactly the same, see pics
-Bezel is plastic like the original but with white paint instead of radioactive stuff.
-It looks great on the wrist.

Yes the bezel does fit the vintage cases :-!, no they will not sell them seperately <|. Maybe if i order enough, they will make some extra bezels b-)

Attachments

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Went to the SH watch factory this afternoon to check out the re-issue. Picked one up, here are some pictures. They made a small run of them and do not seem too keen on making more.

If there is interest, i could order a batch and ship them out from here. Cost is 888RMB about US$130 add shipping & paypal fees on top of that. Need to check EMS shipping rates, but it should be about $30 to $40ish to EU/US/CND. So figure $175 shipped.

-Auto movement hacks with a quick set date.
-Nice domed acrylic crystal like the original.
-Big screw down crown like original.
-Hands and dial similar to original but not exactly the same, see pics
-Bezel is plastic like the original but with white paint instead of radioactive stuff.
-It looks great on the wrist.

Yes the bezel does fit the vintage cases :-!, no they will not sell them seperately <|. Maybe if i order enough, they will make some extra bezels b-)
Gotta wonder why it has a DG movement instead of a Shanghai B :-s

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,629 Posts
Gotta wonder why it has a DG movement instead of a Shanghai B :-s
What's the bet that they contracted out the entire job, it being only a small run. That would explain the reluctance to make any more as it would depend on the availability of the subcontractor.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
If feels nice on, not too heavy, comfortable band and it looks stunning.

In fact, my visiting father-in-law has commandeered mine and he is leaving for Seattle tomorrow. So i will be heading down later this week to pick another one up for myself. Got several commits to buy in PM, so i will not upset them too much by showing up at the factory to buy 1 watch :roll:

Removed buy info, see sales forum

Edit:
I live in Shanghai, on assignment from my company.
I do not know how many they have in stock, at least 10 from what i could gather.

·
Registered
5,773 Posts
Very cool, Kenshi! Wish I had more paypal funds to get one!

(aside...my cousin in Vancouver, BC also collects Japanese mil swords and has 2 original ones he had showed me 2 years ago when visiting him from from my adopted country Japan haha! )

·
Mod. Russian, China Mech.
19,629 Posts
It just occured to me. Using the DG28 actually makes the specification closer to the original 29jewel SS2 than using any current Shanghai movement i.e. unidirectional auto-winding and centre seconds run indirectly off the 3rd wheel. Joel or Alf can confirm if I've got the details right.

(late edit: I've got it wrong. Both the SS2 and SS4 use Pellaton-type eccentric-pawl bi-directional winding system. I'm still right about the indirect seconds on the SS2 though.)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I managed to get a batch of them from the factory this afternoon. Going to post them in the For Sale forum which is the right place to do it. Keep the discussion here about the watch, will edit the previous posts :)

Here is a photo of the factory and the hallway where the office is...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Just wondering, how big was the small run they did? Did they mention anything about that? I'm curious if it's just a few hundreds, or like an Omega Limited edition, ten thousands ;-)

Regards,

Martin, soon-to-be-prowd-owner :)

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Apologies for the long absence, been a little busy with work, family and travel. I am going to see if i could pick a small batch of these from the factory this week. Please let me know if you would like to have one so i could hold it for you. Shoot me a mail [email protected] , i will try to ship these from the US to save on postage.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts