WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Shanghai 24 jewels military watches' plastic bezels are easily broken and lost. I have one without the original bezel, so I tried a Vostok one. To my good surprise, it fits well.:-d Now I will find a good leather strap, and wear this high quality watch.:-!

Someone said the movement is a Cyma copy, but I have no evidence to prove it.

Kind Regards.

Zhang

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,502 Posts
Cool!!! :-! :-!

Now if I find one, I won't get hung up if the bezel is damaged since I know it can be replaced!

Cheers,
gigfy

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Cool!!! :-! :-!

Now if I find one, I won't get hung up if the bezel is damaged since I know it can be replaced!

Cheers,
gigfy
Thanks,:) I think it looks even cooler than one with the original bezel. I am still hunting the elusive 29 jewels version, but the chance seems slim. Even 24 jewels ones are hard to find now. These are good investment.

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hi,

Shanghai 24 jewels military watches' plastic bezels are easily broken and lost. I have one without the original bezel, so I tried a Vostok one. To my good surprise, it fits well.:-d Now I will find a good leather strap, and wear this high quality watch.:-!

Kind Regards.

Zhang
That actually looks pretty good :)

Do you have a picture of the movement?

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
:-d Here is an image of the movement. Do you think it is a Cyma copy?:-s
I looked through the entire listings on the Ranfft site and did not find a single movement; auto or manual that has that balance bridge arrangement. His inventory is pretty extensive but there could be more Cyma movements he hasn't listed that might have that bridge.
I don't remember where but I have seen that bridge before...

·
Registered
8,842 Posts
The dial is vast improvement on anything Vostok offers.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Re: Shanghai military with a 6217 bezal

Hi,

Kind Regards.

Zhang
As per the inspiration by Soviet, I have tried this today:

A crossover of 24J SS4 HuoJu and Seiko 6217.....

I found they were prefect fitted together, the outlook and structure design
were exactly same. For those members who do not familiar with Seiko -
Seiko 6217 was the first Seiko diver from 1965 to 1968.

Yes, I am thinking:think::think::think:were the Shanghai Watch Factory…..hmhm?

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi joel,

Thanks for the input. So SS4 is in fact a Seiko copy. I am wearing this Shanghai military for the last few days, it is very consistant at about -30 seconds/day. I think it could be regulated to a higher accuracy.|>:)

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Soviet,

I am afraid I have misleaded you from my last post. o| Actually I want to mentioned that was structure design n the measurement of the bezel, but not the watch movement. Sorry for the misleading. :oops:

Joel

Hi joel,

Thanks for the input. So SS4 is in fact a Seiko copy. I am wearing this Shanghai military for the last few days, it is very consistant at about -30 seconds/day. I think it could be regulated to a higher accuracy.|>:)

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hi Soviet,

I am afraid I have misleaded you from my last post. o| Actually I want to mentioned that was structure design n the measurement of the bezel, but not the watch movement. Sorry for the misleading. :oops:

Joel
Hi Joel,

That's fine. So, now I will search for a Seiko 6217 for its bezel, but I am not sure if it is even rarer than a Shanghai SS4?:-s

Kind regards,

Soviet

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hi Joel,

That's fine. So, now I will search for a Seiko 6217 for its bezel, but I am not sure if it is even rarer than a Shanghai SS4?:-s

Kind regards,

Soviet
The 6217 is probably no where as near rare as the SS4 and you can sometimes find them on the SCWF trade forum or one of the other Japanese forums...but you will be looking at a very steep price because Seiko collectors prize them so highly.
There may be other Seiko bezels that might fit which are more easily found and the whole watches much les expensive :)

·
Premium Member
9,012 Posts
The lume looks like it might be better than on Vostok Military watches.The hands are different otherwise from that shot it looks like a Vostok.

·
Premium Member
4,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The lume looks like it might be better than on Vostok Military watches.The hands are different otherwise from that shot it looks like a Vostok.
The lume of SS4 is said to be radio-active!:-( So,for safety reason, I will put it away.;-)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts