WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Almost every affordable (and some not-so-affordable) watch company has put out a Submariner lookalike at one time or another, and Shanghai is no exception.

I specifically wanted a China Made sub-alike I'd be happy to wear on a sometimes daily basis (I reserve my older Sea-Gull two-tone just because it's approaching vintage). This Shanghai will do just fine :-!

表径或长宽、厚度(mm):40╳12
表壳材质:全钢
表镜材质:手表专用高硬度矿物玻璃
表带材质:头层真表带
底盖:全钢底盖
功能说明:时、分、秒计时,日历、
生活防水:3ATM

Table diameter or length and width, thickness (mm): 40 ╳ 12
Case Material: Steel
Table Mirror Material: special high hardness mineral glass watch
Bracelet Material: (comes with good quality stock black leather strap).
Bottom Cover: steel case back
Function: hours, minutes, seconds, time, calendar,
Living Water: 3ATM

(上海牌)多功能自动机械手表,其功能、质量、可靠性均符合国家标准 QB1249机械手表,QB/T1903自动手表;QB/T1904机械日历手表和企业标准Q/YQZA3自动多历机械手表。

(Shanghai brand) multi-function automatic watch, its features, quality and reliability are in line with national standards QB1249 mechanical watch, the watch automatically QB/T1903; QB/T1904 mechanical calendar watch and enterprise standard Q/YQZA3 automatic multiple calendar mechanical wristwatch.

Screw down crown, 35 jewel automatic, someone else will have to provide more movement details ( please????? ;-) )

Also, if anyone else decides to hunt one of these up. It comes with a quite nice thick black very real leather strap. I wanted a bond on this one but the stock strap is much better than I anticipated.

·
Registered
3,815 Posts
Hah, that's awesome AT! I love the idea of wearing a Chinese Sub. Especially on a Bond NATO. Nice choice!

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I love the idea of wearing a Chinese Sub. Especially on a Bond NATO.
Yeah, I thought about that too :-d Tickled me enough to get the strap .

·
Registered
902 Posts
Also, if anyone else decides to hunt one of these up. It comes with a quite nice thick black very real leather strap. I wanted a bond on this one but the stock strap is much better than I anticipated.
How did you find yours? Taobao I assume...

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
sorry--double post

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Another good watch. Congratulation!
But it's a little bit pitty is looks like Rolex too much. Anyhow, it's a good one!:-!
That's a fair comment.

Although I like the watch quite well on it's own terms, I understand your point.

From the point of view of my wrist, I wear it for fun :-!.

From the point of view of the AMCH/PR collection, I think the Shanghai sub-lookalike honestly represents a part of the Chinese watch industry and a large section of the current market for all watch companies, Chinese or not.

That said, artistically, I prefer TO-ARCH's Shanghai SH270-H (above) or the Shanghai 8120 below, because they are more original and wonderfully Chinese.

·
Registered
3,319 Posts
Almost every affordable (and some not-so-affordable) watch company has put out a Submariner lookalike at one time or another, and Shanghai is no exception.

I specifically wanted a China Made sub-alike I'd be happy to wear on a sometimes daily basis (I reserve my older Sea-Gull two-tone just because it's approaching vintage). This Shanghai will do just fine :-!

Table diameter or length and width, thickness (mm): 40 ╳ 12
Case Material: Steel
Table Mirror Material: special high hardness mineral glass watch
Bracelet Material: (comes with good quality stock black leather strap).
Bottom Cover: steel case back
Function: hours, minutes, seconds, time, calendar,
Living Water: 3ATM

... Screw down crown, 35 jewel automatic, someone else will have to provide more movement details ( please????? ;-) )

Nice looking dimple hour markers.... How many beats per hour?

·
8,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)

·
Premium Member
6,158 Posts
Great addition Ron! :-!

A sub on a Nato always looks great. I particularly like the glass case back!

Regards,

Martin

1 - 14 of 14 Posts