WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
First of all I apologize to the Chinese Mechanical Watches sub-forum; I know this is the wrong thread but I think there are more China-based forum visitors here than elsewhere.
Next Tuesday (17th of December) at 19.00 we're a few WUS guys meeting up in Shanghai. Location: SmartShanghai | The Fennel Lounge - reviews, pictures, map - 217 Zhenning Lu, near Dongzhu'anbang Lu
If anyone would like to join you're welcome, any questions you can PM me.

Once again sorry for disturbing your part of the forum ;) (anyone from here who joins up on Tuesday are however more than welcome to recruit me into the fine world of Chinese mechanical watches!)

Alex

·
Banned
8,921 Posts
Hi guys,
First of all I apologize to the Chinese Mechanical Watches sub-forum; I know this is the wrong thread but I think there are more China-based forum visitors here than elsewhere.
Next Tuesday (17th of December) at 19.00 we're a few WUS guys meeting up in Shanghai. Location: SmartShanghai | The Fennel Lounge - reviews, pictures, map - 217 Zhenning Lu, near Dongzhu'anbang Lu
If anyone would like to join you're welcome, any questions you can PM me.

Once again sorry for disturbing your part of the forum ;) (anyone from here who joins up on Tuesday are however more than welcome to recruit me into the fine world of Chinese mechanical watches!)

Alex
Hey Alex,
I don't see anything wrong with yo posting this here. In fact you are doing a good service to our members who might be able to attend.

I'm in the wrong country to be able to easily attend but I'm guessing there are many posters and lurkers who will be able and willing to join in the festivities.
With any luck, someone who attends will post lots of pics so we can enjoy the gathering as well :)

·
Moderator: F72 and F71
8,073 Posts
Hi guys,
As a moderator, allow me to suggest that the *only* thing wrong with a thread like this in the CMW forum is the fact that Shanghai is a beautiful city, and so some or even many of us that live elsewhere and won't be able to attend will be sad.

We'll easily forgive you for making us drooling jealous if you post photos, though :)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
As a moderator, allow me to suggest that the *only* thing wrong with a thread like this in the CMW forum is the fact that Shanghai is a beautiful city, and so some or even many of us that live elsewhere and won't be able to attend will be sad.

We'll easily forgive you for making us drooling jealous if you post photos, though :)
I guess in that case we will have no choice but to take lots of photos then ;)

Reactions: Chascomm

·
Registered
1,433 Posts
Sorry to let you down, but I will not be able to join on Tuesday evening,

unless the comical mission...sorry, official economical mission ;) from my government will be cancelled, who knows, maybe they will reconsider if the PM2.5 stays above the WHO "recommended" values

Have fun and see you all next time

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I posted this in the public forum as well but here are the promised photos :)

So in the end we were only two persons at the WUS shanghai meet up yesterday, me and oiram. It was nice sharing our thoughts and trying on the watches we had brought with us. Hopefully we'llbe a few more when we do out next meet after New Years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: LaurentH

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Depending on the length of your stay you could always join the next one!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Sorry, wanted to come but did not write any answer... Waiting for Laoban to say when and where she wanted to invite us for Xmas. And obviously she choose... Tuesday.
Next time ?

L.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Everyone knows that's a valid excuse. I just barely got away with it last time ;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts