WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
I can't really call any of my watches patriotic. They're all made in foreign countries!

The most patriotic watches are the ones worn by those who risk making the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Can't thank them enough.

Sent from Russia.... with love.

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I can't really call any of my watches patriotic. They're all made in foreign countries!

The most patriotic watches are the ones worn by those who risk making the ultimate sacrifice for our country. Can't thank them enough.

Sent from Russia.... with love.
If I could like this 1776 times...

·
Registered
2,748 Posts
I have yet to pay more than *$1,776* for a Swiss or German watch but I'm thinking of wearing the *W3* watch to the parade...:-d

[HANDCRAFTED-IN-USA by Wilson Watch Works, North Carolina, USA]
{NOT an endorsement and NO affiliation with this watchmaker}
I really like that. Rare to find a watch so simple, no manufacturer name on the dial

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
My Elgin "A-11" (franken)

My Marine watches ... when I was in the Corps, it was strictly timex or casio.. and the idea of having a watch with an EGA on it was one worth ridicule .. now that I've been out for 15 years I can be as moto as I want damn it :)

And, just because they have the red & blue bezels.. my Early Birds:

·
Registered
19,381 Posts
Heh -- nice "band" on the one on the right!

Speaking of EGA-emblazoned watches -- are there any that don't feel like they're totally cheap? All the ones I usually find at the PX feel a step below a $20 Timex. How's that Marathon?

My Marine watches ... when I was in the Corps, it was strictly timex or casio.. and the idea of having a watch with an EGA on it was one worth ridicule .. now that I've been out for 15 years I can be as moto as I want damn it :)

·
Premium Member
1,533 Posts
Heh -- nice "band" on the one on the right!

Speaking of EGA-emblazoned watches -- are there any that don't feel like they're totally cheap? All the ones I usually find at the PX feel a step below a $20 Timex. How's that Marathon?
The marathon is outstanding. Has a great weight to it, very solid and the tritium lume is great... I have the bracelet on it now which makes it quite a bit heavier. The rubber strap it comes with is much lighter and pretty comfortable but in general I don't like rubber straps.

The wrist armor watches are pretty good if you like the look.. I think the whole series is quartz and the chronos come in at about half the price of a used marathon if I remember right. That's the one on the left.. My wife and pretty much everyone else thinks it's ugly :)

The one on the right falls into the $20 watch with delusions of grandeur territory. Bought it on a whim (need to stop doing that).

sent from my phone... please be forgiving

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)
Red, white, and blue - and made in the USA

Very nice Hammy - MINT !
Since it was made in *USA*, it's quite conceivably one of the last watch models that were produced in Lancaster, Pennsylvania (USA).

{SOURCE: WIKI>In 1969, the Hamilton Watch Company completely ceased its American manufacturing operations with the closure of its factory in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, shifting the entire balance of its manufacturing operations to the Buren factory in Switzerland.
From 1969 to 1972, all new Hamilton watches were produced in Switzerland by Hamilton's Buren subsidiary. In 1971, the Buren brand was returned to Swiss ownership and by 1972, the Buren-Hamilton partnership was dissolved and the factory liquidated, due to decreased interest and sales of the Hamilton-Buren product.[SUP][9[/SUP] }

·
Registered
714 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I really like that. Rare to find a watch so simple, no manufacturer name on the dial
KITTYSAFE: Yes W3 built this watch with a very simple dial...solid sturdy watch.
Kinda reminds me of the German-made Nivrel "Red" without the (6498) subdial at 6'OClock.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Marathon GSAR (with "US Government" on the label) and put that on a red-white-blue NATO strap? Cannot imagine a more US fetish combination ;).

1 - 20 of 35 Posts