WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I'm having some ideas about other thing to make like belts, buckles, pouches, etc. Currently working some ideas. Thought it could be nice if you on wus could share your non strap work.

Best regards

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Heh, been waiting for someone to start this thread.. I really like making non-strap stuff as much as I do making straps! Attached a few examples.. I made a dog collar for someone who requested it, the next is a strap keychain that was sold to a fellow WUS, the next is a Phillies logo keychain, and the last is my personal favorite, the Eagles logo. The eagles logo took forever, but it was my first try, and everything I make is hand-stitched. :-!

Attachments

·
Registered
793 Posts
I'm currently making a few dog collars for my son's ****zu, chinese sharpei, and siberian husky. will post pics once they're done.

best,
Paul

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Can't wait to see 'em! That one was for a dachshund, so it's pretty small (overall length 14"). Can't imagine making one for a Husky!

·
Registered
793 Posts
Can't wait to see 'em! That one was for a dachshund, so it's pretty small (overall length 14"). Can't imagine making one for a Husky!
you are right Matt, one thing i really do hate is stitching!! and he wanted on one collar to look like a bund strap! funny!!

best,
Paul

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
^^
Nice stuff there! Do you tool the leather yourself? |>

Here's two slim cases I just finished last night.. the first one's for my iPod Touch 1st gen, and the 2nd is for my cell phone (Nokia 5310). What do you think ? The leather came from a wine bottle carrying bag, it's amazingly supple. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
936 Posts
Hey Matt,

Can you PM me an estimate on price for a similar dog collar for my dog. I have a 33 lb Basenji Lab mix. Thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
^^
Nice stuff there! Do you tool the leather yourself? |>

Here's two slim cases I just finished last night.. the first one's for my iPod Touch 1st gen, and the 2nd is for my cell phone (Nokia 5310). What do you think ? The leather came from a wine bottle carrying bag, it's amazingly supple. :)
Thanks I appreciate it! - Yeah I do all the tooling myself. Your cases for your ipod and phone look great - nice clean designs - do you handstitch or use a machine?

-MDH

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Thanks! All by hand. =)

I need to learn how to tool like that.. where'd you learn ? |>

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks! All by hand. =)

I need to learn how to tool like that.. where'd you learn ? |>
I was all self taught - I learned a lot from leatherworker.net. There is a lot of help on that board - also there are some good tutorials on the net that I found through leatherworker.net. I would grab a handful of scrap leather whenever I would visit my local Tandy Leather Factory and I would practice, practice, practice on the scraps until I figured out what I was doing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
here i am in a pair of chaps and cuffs i made siting on my horse magic, we were working on a commercial.

got a bunch more pics of leather belts and holsters and chaps just gotta find them.
a differnt pair of chaps i made.

take it easy
cricket

·
Registered
2,226 Posts
Max favourite stuff -> Dog Collar

Desert Cord -> for keys

Knife sheath for my brother as a present from Santa Claus

Knife sheath for my father as above.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Here's a bracelet I just finished, I'll hopefully maybe be selling something similar at some dive shops down the shore this summer! :) This one was from a Levi's belt.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 37 Posts