WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fortunately for me, I've never experienced this emotion!:-d I just started collecting last year and have only added to my collection. I have yet to sell any of my pieces. For those of you who have been doing this longer than I have, please share your moments of flipper's regret. What watch did you sell, why did you sell it, and what did you miss about it? Also, did you eventually buy it again? This should be fun!:-d:-d Please include pics!

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey, me too!

·
Registered
595 Posts
I've only repurchased 1 watch that I sold and that was the Seiko Black Monster. I ended up selling that one too shortly after I acquired it. I got drawn into all the hype of that watch a number of years back. The BM is built like a tank and has great lume but I didn't like the bezel, the hands, and the accuracy that I got from both that I owned.

For all the other dozen watches that I've sold, I made sure that they were gone mentally before I even shipped them out. This way, I've never regretted selling any of them.

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Another question I'm overqualified to answer! :-d The one watch I wish I never sold was this gold capped 1969 Constellation "C" case caliber 751:

I will replace it with a solid gold version one of these days. A fellow WIS bought it, so I know it has a good home. I get to see it in the wrist check threads of another forum from time to time.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Another question I'm overqualified to answer! :-d The one watch I wish I never sold was this gold capped 1969 Constellation "C" case caliber 751:

I will replace it with a solid gold version one of these days. A fellow WIS bought it, so I know it has a good home. I get to see it in the wrist check threads of another forum from time to time.

Quite a beautiful piece!|>

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
I started a similar thread at the end of last year, on the DWF and had it up to date as of May 2009. I think, I've managed to get it up to day as of today. my post sort of a reflection / intervention type thing.

There are some I would buy again - and you'll see in the list some repeats.

I sure did get to try a variety of watches, not something I could have done by going to a local AD or 'jewelry' shop. Most were not flipped just because I could, but rather I wanted to try another watch and was aon a limited budget. MOst if not all of my flips were to raise cash.

In terms of regrets :

Both UN MMDs,
Zenith Defy Aero
Anonimo San Marco
Rasmus
ASW Grey Dial
RGM
GP SHII Pro
Any of the Doxa 5000s (I can't remember how many I've had now)

Here we go... :-!

Some MORE changes....

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I was going to list a couple of mine, but ElChingon's insane pix of completely awesome watches that he flipped turned my brain in the jello.

·
Registered
5,763 Posts
ElChingon7: truly a veteran flipper! :)

I have flipped many (~10) just in the past year for various reasons. Some not by choice...but I must say I like to try different watches. There are very few that I come across that give me the feeling "oh man I have to keep this watch for years to come!"

It's such a bonus that flipping is so available @ WUS b-)

·
Registered
1,713 Posts

I have flipped many (~10) just in the past year for various reasons. Some not by choice...but I must say I like to try different watches. There are very few that I come across that give me the feeling "oh man I have to keep this watch for years to come!"

It's such a bonus that flipping is so available @ WUS b-)
Yeah, I agree it's great to be able to try so many watches. Many of which are not available to see in person beforehand. Although, it get's to be quite expensive, even if you 'break even' because of PP fees & shipping.

If I had unlimited funding, many of those would still be in my case.

B

·
0 Posts
The only watches I have sold are ones I should not have bought in the first place. I have never rebought anything I have sold.

I need to sell more as I am trying to get my collection to a manageable rotation of watches that I want to wear not just stuff into boxes

·
Registered
521 Posts
ElChingon7: If these are the watches you're flipping, your crumbs must be better than any watch I'm wearing.

Bravo, sir!

·
Registered
2,532 Posts
I've bought and sold a number of watches over the past year or so, but I wouldn't consider myself a "flipper" though. I either get a watch I don't really bond with or I see another one that I would rather have instead.

The only one I regretted selling was my G-Shock Riseman. I had one for a few months then sold it, only to buy a new one a month or two later. :-d

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yeah, I love my Riseman so much that I would never consider selling it. Great watch!

·
Banned
7,645 Posts
Yes, it's good to meet an experienced flipper. It's one thing to flip $100 watches, but completely different to flip in the majors. It all gets pretty easy after a while though. You have quite a turn around there! How you ever let go those GP's is beyond me, but that's what we do, isn't it? :-d

·
Registered
1,245 Posts
This is a story of flipping and 4 Tissot watches. Bought and flipped #1 to fund #2. Flipped #2 to fund #3 and #4.

I somewhat regret selling this limited edition with 7750 based movement. But one of my best friends is a Nascar fan and I felt like I would just be showing off wearing it around him. He loved the watch so much more than I did. I actually kind of felt guilty having it. I was both sad and glad to sell this one off to fund the next one.

So the Nascar watch went away to fund this one, also with 7750 based movement:

I sold that one, sometimes miss it. But bought these 2 to replace it. First also has a 7750 family movement like the 2 above - I'm not so attached to this one so I might flip it soon. Second one is similar style to above but quartz and I'm pretty sure it is a keeper.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts