WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The 5167A is growing on me, and would like to leverage my relationship with an AD to get myself one. I know it’s hard, and there are huge lists, but still, would like to know how others acquired one without paying a huge premium. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
404 Posts
If you have a relationship with an AD, why dont you ask them?

No one can assist you in any way, either you have the connection or you dont- and even if you have a connection it may not mean much...

·
Registered
427 Posts
If you think your first Patek Philippe will be a stainless steel and bought through an AD at list price then i am sorry to shatter your dream.
it is highly unlikely that that will happen to you.
the only stainless steel exception is probably the 5212. but for the nautilus and aquanaut, highly unlikely

·
Registered
495 Posts
If you think your first Patek Philippe will be a stainless steel and bought through an AD at list price then i am sorry to shatter your dream.
it is highly unlikely that that will happen to you.
the only stainless steel exception is probably the 5212. Put for the nautilus and aquanaut, highly unlikely
Depends on the dealer. Spend 250K on other stuff and maybe.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I asked my bank agent to look for it worldwide for me in 2015. I told them wherever they can find one I will but a ticket to get it back even it is in the South Pole. They found one in Tokyo for me but the AD only kept 48 hours for me. I purchased a flight ticket and fly to Tokyo the next day to acquire it and came back the same day.
At the original price without any extra request or cost. I was lucky!

Attachments

·
Registered
404 Posts
If he spent 250 on other watches he wouldnt be looking at an Aqua-wannabe-PP...
I like the aquanaut a lot...
Why?? To me It looks like a good year tire watch and if not for the PP on the dial no one could ever possibly think that is a luxury watch.

It has no complications, no materials, simplest of dials that just screams wannabe to me.

But to each their own but this aint a 20k watch let alone 40k or more in the grey market....

·
Registered
427 Posts
I asked my bank agent to look for it worldwide for me in 2015. I told them wherever they can find one I will but a ticket to get it back even it is in the South Pole. They found one in Tokyo for me but the AD only kept 48 hours for me. I purchased a flight ticket and fly to Tokyo the next day to acquire it and came back the same day.
At the original price without any extra request or cost. I was lucky!
I like how you think, you focused on one thing and ignored other important variables. you focused on finding one at least price. however, the ticket price that you purchased to get to Tokyo is kind of paying a premium. plus if you had to spend a night there and the risk of being taxed when passing through customs on your way back etc

·
Registered
217 Posts
I like how you think, you focused on one thing and ignored other important variables. you focused on finding one at least price. however, the ticket price that you purchased to get to Tokyo is kind of paying a premium. plus if you had to spend a night there and the risk of being taxed when passing through customs on your way back etc
Even with the flight it’s a slight slight premium compared to what he can immediately flip it for. Also it’s a great journey I’m sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
i was the same until i tried one on recently...hadnt strapped one on for about 10 years and i instantly got it. its a watch that you shouldn't pass judgment on until you experience in the metal. but thats basically impossible.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts