WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
I think he could have easily gotten $2800-$3000 for his Sharkie. :think: I wouldn't be surprised to see the T-graph pro sell for $2500. With Doxa making 50% more of the pro's I think the Sharkie will always enjoy a slight premium in resale value.

I am so glad I bought mine when I did. The Sharkie is my favorite watch I own. Perfect size and incredible legibility. Mine's also been dead on accurate. :-!

·
Registered
492 Posts
I think he could have easily gotten $2800-$3000 for his Sharkie. :think: I wouldn't be surprised to see the T-graph pro sell for $2500. With Doxa making 50% more of the pro's I think the Sharkie will always enjoy a slight premium in resale value.

I am so glad I bought mine when I did. The Sharkie is my favorite watch I own. Perfect size and incredible legibility. Mine's also been dead on accurate. :-!

The sharkie looks great in that pic. Something just so right about it.
Cheers
Alasdair

·
Registered
847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sold pretty quickly. I think the buyer got a good deal at that price. :-!
The problem as a seller is not wanting to go too high and scaring potential buyers away, then having the watch sit there stale. :-s Either way I am sure JP made money on the deal, or at the very least didn't lose any.

·
Registered
4,419 Posts
The problem as a seller is not wanting to go too high and scaring potential buyers away, then having the watch sit there stale. :-s Either way I am sure JP made money on the deal, or at the very least didn't lose any.
I guess since JP was one of, if not the first, to sell a Sharkie T-graph after Doxa's move to retail and the T-graphs new $3500 price tag I think he could easily justify an asking price of $2799-$2999. :think: If someone want's a Sharkie there are only a few that pop up each year. Additionally it sounds like there are no short term (4-6 months) plans for a new T-graph. It will be interesting to see if future T-graph's use the 2 register or 3 register configuration. I think a 2 register would sell better and also help keep secondary market values of the 3 register high. :think:

·
Registered
1,838 Posts
He did very well ;-);-) I sold it to JP

Cheers,
Vic :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts