WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all,just a quickie for you.
i have a sub 750t sharkhunter,a year old.
can anybody tell me the 'lug width'.i want a good quality leather strap for her lol!!i think it's a 22mm.
cheers,Patty.:-!
p.s. i was thinking maybe a 'hirsch liberty'??.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
hi all,just a quickie for you.
i have a sub 750t sharkhunter,a year old.
can anybody tell me the 'lug width'.i want a good quality leather strap for her lol!!i think it's a 22mm.
cheers,Patty.:-!
p.s. i was thinking maybe a 'hirsch liberty'??.
If i am not mistaken it is 21MM. I am sure someone else will respond.

Take Care

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
That is the correct width, 21mm. This is an odd width to find for straps. Depending on the type of strap people will either get 20mm or 22mm. Most Zulus it seems people get the 22mm.

Now, with a Leather strap like that, I am not sure? Let's see if a couple strap guys like T Bone will chime in here........

Found one thread.....

Click HERE

Do a search for "hirsch" and quite a few threads will pop up.........

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Oh ok thanks didn't realise it was exactly the same case

Cheers, Ric
It is the same. Of course the stems and crowns are located in a slightly different place, but otherwise they are the same. Going for a new strap for the GMT??

·
Registered
299 Posts
Oh yes, other than the crowns of course

Well, i havent received the GMT yet, its on its way but i was going to try it with a omega mesh that i have but that wont work now as they only come in 20mm and 22mm :S

Cheers, Ric

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Oh yes, other than the crowns of course

Well, i havent received the GMT yet, its on its way but i was going to try it with a omega mesh that i have but that wont work now as they only come in 20mm and 22mm :S

Cheers, Ric
The 20mm will work, but there will be a slight gap. Almost hardly noticeable. I think that you will find the GMT bracelet to be quite nice. Very comfortable and looks great!!

·
Registered
299 Posts
im sure it will be, its just while i had the Mesh lying around i thought i may try it for fun - its the 22mm one unfortunately, but i've put it up for sale now (or will have done in a few minutes) on the sales corner b-)

Cheers, Ric

·
Registered
1,191 Posts
Some people like the 22 mm Zulus however, I prefer the 20 mm because I think the 22 mm puts to much stress on the springbars and the space on a 20 mm Zulu on the 750 is non existant as shown by my photo.

Attachments

·
Rolex / Tudor
14,596 Posts
Some people like the 22 mm Zulus however, I prefer the 20 mm because I think the 22 mm puts to much stress on the springbars and the space on a 20 mm Zulu on the 750 is non existant as shown by my photo.
That does look extremely good IMHO........Very nice.............:-!

G

·
Hi Patty -

I agree with Joe - for both Zulus and leather i'd go with the 20 mm and you will see the natural materials tend to puff up and fill the gap, especially the fabric. I have no gaps on any of my 750s when wearing zulus and the hirsch Liberty is a great thick strap for the price. If you want to invest ina true 21mm leather strap you can visit the websites of "strap culture" or Shane Delaurian, for more custome options.

Have fun! :-d

·
Registered
11,829 Posts
Got to admit I've not tried a 20mm strap on mine (I will), but I do recall a post from either Rick or John P. stating 22mm would be the size to use. If the 20mm shows no spring bar, great, then that would be my choice.

Here's the pic I posted of my 22mm Hirsch Liberty on a 750T

Twylie also posted (in the thread linked above) a couple of Hirsch Carbon straps in 22mm. Looked good to me!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts