WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My fav watch stopped and it was not making a rotor noise.. I though about posting this as some jump on Vostok problems, but I have a dead Seiko, a dead J Springs and a Dead Citizen divers and this issue was simple to fix, all watches have issues, but at least Vostok are easy to fix..
Basically a screw came out allowing the pictured brass thing to bend back jamming the rotor. First I knew about it was a stopped watch, opening it up I realized what was going on.. I tried to bend the brass thingy back in situ, but it would not bend far enough, ie the screw needed to come out.. I got the brass thingy much better, but attempt after attempt it was catching the wheel so I used the one Mario sent (thanks Mario). The screw I REALLY NEEDED as I took the original out and PING, never to be seen again. I have searched and search and searched, cant find the tiny blighter anywhere!!
Today was the big day fitting the parts... I was shaking like a leaf, the more I tried to not shake the more I shook, I pinged the new brass thingy, and 20 minutes search and I found it!!. I have not received my new tools so sharpened my smallest screw driver hopefully the screw is tight enough..
Here are the pics
See the brass tag, see th the long leg, I thought I could make it work, pic is after I worked it hoping it would fit again but too little it catches on the rotor and a fraction lower and the rotor wont spin. You can see the long leg has been battled with a few time. It looked good, but every time it either caught the rotor or jammed the cog
Also a pic where the missing screw goes..
And here she LIVES!!
Thanks Mario so happy mate!!
Cheers
Chris

Attachments

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The little brass thingy drove me nuts, you would think you could fix it to work, but it needs to JUST clear the cogs and be low enough not to snag the rotor , so happy to have a replacement, the original was bent into shape numerous times and never it was correct, not to mention pinging the screw!!
Anyway happy thoughts and my Scuba dude on my wrist :)
Cheers
Mario!!
Chris

·
Registered
3,320 Posts
Glad it all worked out for you Chris |>

It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow F10 member, especially when we are as remote from the world as we are here in the land of Oz.

I'm sure you and your bestie Vostok will have many happy days ahead :-!

будь счастлив

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Glad it all worked out for you Chris |>

It's always a pleasure to help out a fellow F10 member, especially when we are as remote from the world as we are here in the land of Oz.

I'm sure you and your bestie Vostok will have many happy days ahead :-!

будь счастлив
Thanks so much mate!
That little brass thingy is a sod, it needs to just clear the cogs. I panicked when I thought I lost the one you sent!!
Cant thank you enough.
Love my Scuba dude
Chris

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This forum is full of helpful people and posts. Really glad to see it work out for you.
Thanks,
It is fine for sure, just washing my Defender, lots of suds and water, and it is keeping good time.. I might have to adjust the regulation though, it is running maybe 10 seconds slow for the day and it never did, not sure why.. Anyway a tiny adjustment should sort it. I cant imagine what I might have done to affect the adjustment working on it? Maybe when the rotor stuck something got knocked or maybe when I was banging it to get the screw out when it fell inside (oopps :)) Whatever all is good and nothing that a tooth pick wont fix :)
Back to the suds, had a break, back to it..
Chris

·
Registered
473 Posts
Well done comrade Mario......everyone likes a happy ending....arrrrrr

1 - 7 of 7 Posts