WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
7,152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My girlfriend just came to see me here in South Africa from Australia, and brought a surprise with her.

This was her way of showing how much she cares. Why wait for him to put a ring on it when you can put a watch on it?

It is such an incredible and gorgeous watch. Looks perfect on my wrist and it’s so light.

The snowflake pattern is so subtle and watching the blued steel second hand glide is so very mesmerizing.

And of course, she knows it’ll make me think of her every time I wear it. ;-)

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Very nice! Beautiful timepiece, congratulations.

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
My girlfriend just came to see me here in South Africa from Australia, and brought a surprise with her.

SnowFlake.jpg

This was her way of showing how much she cares. Why wait for him to put a ring on it when you can put a watch on it?

It is such an incredible and gorgeous watch. Looks perfect on my wrist and it’s so light.

The snowflake pattern is so subtle and watching the blued steel second hand glide is so very mesmerizing.

That 47 minutes have elapsed and you're still not referring to her as your fiancée means:

1) There's something wrong with you, or

2) There's something wrong with her, or

3) There's something wrong with the watch?

Well?

Or, I suppose:

4) Your life is so gloriously charmed to a nearly unbelievable extent that this gesture doesn't seem at all as mind-blowingly spectacular to you as it would to most of the rest of the male population on the planet.

PS: Screw every Hollywood inspired true-love-romance-pursuit scene every filmed, along with the mariachi bands, chocolates, flowers, last minute wedding disruptions and scaling of tall mountains.... every such movie should contain only this scene.

PERIOD.

·
Registered
838 Posts
That’s a keeper (he Watch and the girl!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Does she have a sister I can borrow? I want a Panerai PAM388. :)

Reactions: Stirling Moss

·
Registered
3,188 Posts

Marry her immediately! Wowza

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Awesome! Only thing my girlfriend gets me is grief and depression. Put a ring on it now and you'll get more watches in the future. Who says watches can't be an investment?
Is it your cat??

·
Registered
230 Posts
Color me jealous! I’m usually lucky if my girlfriend gets me a bottle of Crystal Head vodka. A watch like that, probably never gonna happen.

Thank god I don’t mind spoiling myself

Congrats on a great watch and woman Metlin!

Daniel

·
Registered
4,769 Posts
Awesome gift, congrats! I’ve been coming around to GS recently. Have any wrist shots to share? I wonder how much of a GADA this one could be for you. :D

·
Registered
571 Posts
Wow! That is some gift, congrats!!

I know what you mean on the GS Snowflake. I absolutely love mine!

Of course I had to get mine the old fashion way... Ya know, purchase it in secret and slowly work it into the rotation so my wife doesn’t notice. Then when she finally does you say “What? This old thing?” ;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Wow! That is some gift, congrats!!

I know what you mean on the GS Snowflake. I absolutely love mine!

Of course I had to get mine the old fashion way... Ya know, purchase it in secret and slowly work it into the rotation so my wife doesn’t notice. Then when she finally does you say “What? This old thing?” ;)

You didn't need to go through all of that, Just say its a Seiko, they are not expensive honey.

Reactions: Metlin
1 - 20 of 63 Posts