WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well got the okay to buy a Man on the Moon so I can start looking !! Yea !! Now the part that sucks, A watch for a watch.....ughhhh she said I have too many .....Yep, She laid down the law saying if I get it, I need to part with one of my other Omega models..... Just got these not to long ago too
So, one or other.....Hmmmm ( maybe I can bribe her ....lol ) I'm leaning on keeping the 61

61 14k Rose Gold Cap
1961 Omega Seamaster Gold Cap 562.jpg

or

63 18k Gold Filled Cap
903672878_tp.jpg

·
Premium Member
7,547 Posts
Aren't you supposed to be the man of the household? She says you have to get rid of one watch for another, you go out and buy yourself two and a Bentley. As a way of appeasement, buy her a quality apron for use in the kitchen.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Aren't you supposed to be the man of the household? She says you have to get rid of one watch for another, you go out and buy yourself two and a Bentley. As a way of appeasement, buy her a quality apron for use in the kitchen.
Once, ages ago, was the 1st time my wife"told me" i couldnt do something/buy something (looking back I dont remember what the trivial thing was)

The next day the down payment in a custom 6.7 liter hemi and a super charger was paid. Was a great 14 grand spent.

That was the last time she ever "put her foot down."

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
366 Posts
Once, ages ago, was the 1st time my wife"told me" i couldnt do something/buy something (looking back I dont remember what the trivial thing was)

The next day the down payment in a custom 6.7 liter hemi and a super charger was paid. Was a great 14 grand spent.

That was the last time she ever "put her foot down."

Nice to know there are still some real men out there.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Absolutely outstanding post, full of basic common sense. I'd also add that you want to make sure she acknowledges the effort you put into acquiring a quality apron.

·
Registered
2,218 Posts
C'mon guys, really? Everyone knows all you have to do is buy and wear it, then when she inevitably asks, "Is that a new watch", you say either; "This? No I've had this for a long time just haven't worn it" or "Yes it is dear, but I traded for it". WIS 101

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
The OP's wife might have a point. How many watches does he have, exactly? Only two, and he must let one of them go? Or he has lots more, and he's thinking of dropping one of his two vintage Omegas?

If he has one or more watches that get less than 10% of his wrist time, then letting one of them go for the Speedy is a reasonable expectation on his wife's part. Safe queens are always hard to justify. Not to mention that a trade makes it more likely the the new acquisition is something truly desired.

Happy wife, happy life.

·
Registered
2,415 Posts
Oh man, I feel your pain. I'm currently not allowed to buy anymore watches until next year.
So in exactly 2 months?

Reactions: MR CARDOSO

·
Registered
10,507 Posts
Are you a man or a mouse?
The wife put her foot down. :roll:
Anyway, I've got to go....the wife's calling.

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
Has anyone noticed the OP's actual question? ;)
@OP, I would like to give an opinion as to which watch you should keep, but my vintage savvy is sorely lacking. I would, however, lean towards keeping the '61.

And yes, wife has a good point. And let's face it, if your wife has 8 designer ........ costing $3000 each, you might want to get her to cull the herd (or prevent expansion) when the opportunity arises.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
Happy wife = happy life is absolutely true! When I picked up my 8500 Ti PO a couple months ago I told my wife that I was going to sell one, well she's no dummy I have no intention of selling anything but she tolerates the insanity.

No how do I tell her I already have a deposit on the new Speedmaster moonphase which should be here any day and is way too expensive for what it is?? Hmmm....

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
To add I have definitely used the "I'm thinking of getting a new very expensive car" that would always get talked down but a watch purchase seemed like a bargain if I don't get a new car. That worked for a couple of years until she said sure get yourself a nice car.

The irony of getting permission to spend money you earn is an age old question, but you know we are partners! She keeps me from getting to carried away and I appreciate that.

·
Premium Member
12,765 Posts
That's right GT, our wives are our partners in life. It's OK that they have a say in what we spend our money on. Just like we have a say in what they spend our money on. If control is an issue in the relationship, that's a whole different conversation. It's not a matter of whether or not you are a "man".

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
Oh man, I feel your pain. I'm currently not allowed to buy anymore watches until next year.
Only a little while to January, so that's not too long to wait lol

·
Registered
205 Posts
It is far better to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission. Man I do miss that about my husband. We never said you're not allowed or you can't to each other. The only thing I got trouble (as in you have too many) was sneakers. He really didn't care how many pairs of sneakers I had, he just had to give me trouble. :)

·
Premium Member
11,948 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts