WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm getting ready to ship a watch from the U.S. to Japan. For those of you here in the states that have done this before, can you recommend the best method for shipping? I'm looking for a nice balance of speediness, safety/reliability, and price.

What would you suggest?

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
usps international express. that is how mail enters ems in the us. it is exactly what you're looking for; a nice balance.

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
ems is a global cooperative. each participating country provides ems service a little differently; in the us it is done by usps and their international express service.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ems is a global cooperative. each participating country provides ems service a little differently; in the us it is done by usps and their international express service.

So I just ask for international express at the post office when I take the box in? I hate going to the post office - with a passion. But I know that's where I'm gonna get the best price. It's such a pain ... you have to have everything totally perfect when it's your turn ... and the clerks don't really help you ... they just tell you to go fix it and come back when you're done ... "NEXT IN LINE!".

On the Customs form ... do you know if it's the small green one or the long form that folds out?

·
Registered
2,973 Posts
it's not the small green one, 2976 aka CN 22. for insurance you'll use a 2976a (larger 6 layer carbon form), and the express service also has its own form that doubles as the shipping address label. it's white and blue and says express or ems- can't remember (just did this on tuesday, in fact).

http://www.usps.com/international/expressmailinternational.htm

1 - 7 of 7 Posts