WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi again,

I'm newer to these forums.

What is the typical way that you ship overseas from the CONUS?

Just looking for suggestions/guidance.

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
3,385 Posts
USPS Registered Mail. Inexpensive, and door to door tracking.

·
Banned
21,244 Posts
From USA to for example Japan, Europe etc?

IMO the best is to use companies like FedEx, DHL etc.

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hi,

I am in Asia and buy watches regularly from overseas. From US, I prefer USPS Mail more than Courier ( Fedex, UPS,... ) due to the customs import process.

I recommend that you check with your buyer for the shipping what is prefered. Clear instruction should be provided to you for convenience, otherwise Courier service is more reliable.

FrancoThai

·
Registered
581 Posts
Check customs requirements. Some countries, like Australia, will not let you send watches USPS International Express Mail and will only let you send them First Class. The private shippers are great, but I have always found their prices quite expenses compared to the USPS. Just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
2,516 Posts
Check customs requirements. Some countries, like Australia, will not let you send watches USPS International Express Mail and will only let you send them First Class. The private shippers are great, but I have always found their prices quite expenses compared to the USPS. Just my 2 cents.
Actually India is in that list of countries too but I have received a watch shipped via express mail international and honestly I was very happy with the speed and tracking. For an expensive purchase, I feel fedex or ups is the best way to go. Also whatever method you choose, make sure it's registered. This will be very helpful for you and the buyer.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts