WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Whichever you choose, make sure the outer packaging doesn't have any wood.

(I use USPS for small shipments, easy to fill out customs forms online, and FedEx IP for crates up to 800 kilos, although FedEx customs always causes me grief.)

-s-

·
Registered
523 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How long did it take the package to get to Australia using USPS? I took the wood out of the package per your instructions and shipped just the watch! LOL

I am leary of international shipping since I recently shipped a letter to Canada containing only a cheque and it took ten days. I think customs was using the letter/packet to play tabletop football with?

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
My experience is about 12 days (by the sender's clock... it will obviously be a day later in Australia). This is to urban areas like Sydney and Melbourne.

I should have been more clear... wood is more of a problem when used for the external packaging (like a crate). Sorry about that. Although you never know, better to be safe than sorry, if the wood isn't explicitly stamped ISPM15, even if it is part of a finished watch box. I just know I've had stuff actually shipped BACK here because of it.

-s-

1 - 6 of 6 Posts